MCS are proud to be working a leading E-Learning software provider during the search for a Technical Lead who will build out their new Belfast based tech hub!
Opportunity to gain an actual stake within this growing technology company!
Our client is a growing Ed-Tech firm who have received massive recognition for their streamlined designs and cutting edge software architecture.
Their SaaS products are recognised on a global scale, reaching new depths in recent projects and setting new standards across the sector.
Their mission is to improve education for everyone using their innovative approaches to virtually connect teachers, students and parents through their smart, integrated web and mobile applications.
Tech wise, this firm delivers products within a .NET environment and uses IOS, java and kotlin for their mobile applications. Web projects are typically built with React and Web API. A recent focus has been on improving their approach to automation and implementing better processes through the constant research into the latest tech trends.
As part of the introduction to Belfast, you will be responsible for building a new team of engineers that will champion the greenfield development of a brand new product that will take the market by storm.
While leading your new team, you will also be responsible for collaborating with your team and focusing on building web services and API's, spending the vast majority of your time building new features in C#.
You will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Deciding HOW to build this new product
- Providing structure for your new team
- Develop best coding practices within your new team
- Helping set and achieve team goals / software development tasks
- Setting road-maps and milestones
- Collaborate with other developers
- Building architecture
- Developing new features
- Implementing and following full SDLC
- Ensuring effective communication across your team
- Supporting the adoption of a continuous delivery focused environment
- Apply SOLID coding principles
- Managing the software delivery
- Communicating with and reporting directly to the business owners
The owners (whom you will report directly to) also play a technical role within this company, giving you the opportunity to bounce ideas around wider team without being left completely alone without direction.
First and foremost, you will be a leader who has a competent understanding of not just the features you work on, but how they fit in with the whole system you are designing. Our client will be expecting you to be a technical leader who is ready to come in and write clean code while providing leadership to a wider team and set standards across the board.
Your experience will include but not limited to:
- 4+ years working within a commercial software development environment working specifically with C# for MVC web applications and Web API for a Microsoft stack
- Developed code within a cloud environment - Azure or AWS
- Deep understanding of REST services
- Experience of SQL server and ORM systems
- 1+ year experience in performing one-to-one reviews with developers
- Experience leading a team of developers
You will be ready for a new challenge in your career and ready to take on a brand new, greenfield product. Experience working within a similar environment would be highly advantageous.
Our client is not only looking for a team leader, but also a business partner who will have the passion and enthusiasm to help build this companies future product portfolio.
- Competitive salary - £65k+
- £1000 training budget (spend how you like)
- 33 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity and paternity
- Season ticket loans
- Discounted gym membership
- FREE Lunch and Coffee on Monday!
- On premises YOGA and BBQ space!
- Free breakfast
- 3 day christmas shut down
- Company shares
Process - start with a quick phonecall with the company owners to see if this would be a good fit. This is then followed by a meeting which will possibly include a technical assessment, depending on experience of the candidate.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Christian Campbell, Senior IT Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs