MCS Group is proud to be continuing their partnership with a global market share leader as we look for a Software Engineering Manager to join one of their core product lines.
Despite being global, the company strategically value the Belfast office and as a result we have seen significant growth and investment here. They are now a key player in our local market and have built up one of the most successful cultures in the market here. They truly value the importance of both individual and company growth.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will play a key leadership role in managing and delivering one of their core product lines. You will define the strategy for product development team and drive initiatives that deliver the company's cloud-based services development, including promoting a cloud development culture.
- Contribute to the design and staffing of a new, long-term Engineering team in Belfast.
- Day-to-day management of Development team in Belfast and other locations.
- Interworking with other product teams as your team developers the services they will consume.
- Foster a culture within the team of being the 'Best Place to Work' and providing service that promotes 'Customers for Life'.
- Promote and Lead a cloud development culture with high emphasis on automation and robustness of the services they create.
- Release software regularly and with high quality in an Agile process.
- Experience with managing/leading Software Engineering teams.
- Experience of leading development of software on AWS or GCP or Azure.
- Experience with Java/managing Java Engineers will be highly advantageous but not essential.
- Familiarity with Microservices architecture, Docker, Kubernetes, Spring boot is preferred.
- Bonus structure
- Health Insurance
- Subsidised dental allowance
- Broadband allowance
- Life Insurance
- Scaled Pension Contribution
- Flexibility, including remote working options (long-term/post-lockdown)
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Jonny Carey, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 9693 5529.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs.
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.
Experience: 0 yrs