About the Company:
The traditional cash register has been around for decades, often archaic in nature and clunky! My client was born out of the frustration of the traditional cash register business with the goal to allow independent businesses to compete with the big guys on the High Street. They have created a beautifully simple and affordable point system with a difference which allows their merchants to dream big and fight smart. Actively delivering the data small businesses need to run smarter businesses at the heart of their communities.
You will be the technical lead for your team of Full stack developers and will collaborate closely with the Product and Product Management teams to both design and deliver innovative new product features on a regular basis. You will achieve this by driving your team to write clean, readable code with excellent test coverage. You will be a positive role model for your team, regularly contributing to architecture, instrumentation and performance decisions as well as participating in on-call coverage. You will have a natural interest in technology and an eagerness to constantly develop your own skillsets.
In leading your team you will demonstrate a thoroughly Agile approach and will instill this across your teams to developers of all levels.
- Excellent understanding of SDLC and ability to manage the team through all phases of the development.
- A minimum of 5+ years exposure of one object orientated language (e.g. Java, C/C++) and at least one dynamic language (e.g. Ruby, Python)
- Some previous exposure with database design and development of SQL queries
- History of working in a Linux/Unix environment
- Use of Git/GitHub
- Experience with large data-sets such as: ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL, or Redis
- Experience with containerization: eg. Docker, Mesos, or Marathon
- Modern UI frameworks: React, Angular JS, Ember.js, or Backbone.js
- Agile development experience either though Scrum or Kanban
- Familiarity with IOS or Android and exposure to one of the main UI Frameworks
Experience: 0 yrs