MCS Group is delighted to be working on behalf of our client, a cloud-based software house, to recruit for the fantastic role of Software Engineer in Test.
With huge growth already achieved in 2020, our client is keen to bring in the new year with some highly skilled Software Engineers in Test. You will play a vital role in developing new architecture and infrastructure across a multitude of platforms, working collaboratively with Software Engineers, DevOps Engineers and the Security teams to ensure a high-quality product is achieved.
This is a senior role that will operating in a hands-on capacity, the successful candidate will be expected to implement a range of skills as outlined below. You will have full autonomy to run your own ideas and bring new tools and technologies into each project, whilst having the support and backing of a highly talented team.
- Develop new testing infrastructure whilst supporting and expanding existing frameworks
- Evolve automation frameworks, working collaboratively with multiple teams throughout the entire product life cycle
- Develop fast automated tests suitable for continuous integration & delivery
- Review features in development and identify incomplete specifications or future test risks
- Play a vital role in an agile environment, with a primary focus being on the testability and performance of software applications
- Utilise a number of different concepts and understand when to apply various levels of test, to include regression, function or performance
- Setting up testing suites and running them using frameworks relevant to a combination of the tools outlined below
- A deep understanding of different testing approaches
- Experienced in building automation frameworks from the ground up
- Industry knowledge of working in Scrum and Lean methodologies
- Development experience in cloud, mobile and web applications
- Experience in exploratory testing and automation payments testing is desirable but not essential
- Fantastic matched pension
- Private health insurance
- Bonus scheme
- Health care cash plan
- Life & Income protection
- Gym discount
- Remote working (Based in Northern Ireland)
- Career support and extensive opportunities
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Barry O'Neill , Specialist IT Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit our website www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs