MCS Group are delighted to have been tasked by a global intermediary firm to source a Software Developer willing to cross-train into either Java or C#. The Developer will join them in their City Centre hub and will play an integral role in the transformation of their software.
My Client has created a worldwide software centre right in the heart of Belfast which will take full ownership of their complete suite of software and conduct a complete re-build. If you are fed up of maintaining and patching software and are keen on adding new technologies to your skill set then this is the career move for you.
My Client has built a reputation within their market for excellence, setting themselves aside from their competition in everything they do. They use their comprehensive data analysis, intelligence and commercial experience to deliver innovative products and services to their client base around the world.
You will naturally be passionate about software development with a hunger to use your programming and scripting knowledge to assist your team to achieve its overall objectives. The Engineer will be comfortable in Agile teams and will demonstrate a combined approach to transparency and getting the job done
- Taking ownership of how the applications will be re-built with a willingness to gain exposure to Architecture and contribute to overall analysis for design
- An appetite for working in coherence with both internal and external customers
- Experience of working within an Agile Team
- Clear communication to both senior management and key stakeholders
- A constant desire to remain up to date with industry developments and emerging technologies
- Working with test architects to support testing strategies and introduction of TDD practices to drive higher quality code
- Participate in retrospectives on a regular basis alongside work with the Technical Development Manager to provide information on time and resource estimates
- Risk and issue management
- Degree or equivalent industry experience
- Previous Enterprise system experience
- Highly Experienced in Delivery Management
- Outstanding and current programming and design ability
- A solid grounding and commercial experience in OOP and Design Patterns
- Extensive experience working with and driving agile methodologies
- Experience of working with source control systems
- MSc or higher degree
- Willingness to learn new technologies with a view to innovate and improve products, services and development processes
- Experience working on Cloud Platforms
Experience: 0 yrs