This is a consultancy where technology and innovation collide to solve complex problems. The Software Development Engineer in Test will benefit from the experience of working with both public and private sector clients on an assortment of unique projects ranging from ground-breaking means of transport to wearable medical device technology. As a Test engineer you will be motivated by working with emerging technology stacks in an Agile environment.
The Software Development Engineer in Test will sit within a pod and you will be a key member of the team. The consultancy will give you the autonomy to meet your commitments and find the rhythm of ways of working that suit you. You will be the Software Development Engineer in Test, but you aren't just responsible for QA, this will lie across the entire team. Your team will however look to you to enable them and apply the most appropriate quality gates before releasing the code.
There is increasing opportunity for the Software Developer in Test to help build client capabilities. You could be an advisor or work with a client to build and automation approach. There will also be plenty of scope to develop your skills in other directions.
This consultancy is transforming the consultancy space within Northern Ireland through its pioneering projects and cutting-edge technology. They are unique in that you will also enjoy carefully balanced travel expectations of just 1 day per fortnight on average and a modern working space.
The successful Software Developer in Test will have access to phenomenal training and grade A certification alongside a fully mapped career plan.
Skills and Experience
Some of the skills my Client is looking for:
- A QA mindset; curious and inquisitive.
- Strong test strategy and test planning experience.
- A strong ethos of teamwork and collaboration is a must as you will be assisting the wider team to meet their goals and commitments
- Robust experience in writing clean code using either the Java or .Net stack.
- You will be confident in using tools such as JIRA to track progress
- Developing code using CI/CD tools.
- Experience in using fundamental tools and languages such as OS, SQL, Unix, CLI tools, PowerShell, Shell Scripting, HTML and CSS.
- Experience in implementing and using automation frameworks and approaches
- Web Driver API experience, not just using the GUI as a tool for automation. You can use the Web Driver API to write specific test classes and methods.
- BDD tools such as Cucumber, SpecFlow with experience in writing feature files, building feature hooks and testing scripts.
- Integration between testing framework and CI/CD tools, such as Bamboo and Jenkins, ensuring automation runs as part of the build process.
- My client is offering a highly attractive package including competitive starting salary with a fantastic pension and bonus structure! This is not an opportunity to be missed!
- To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Claire Grainger, Specialist Digital & Web Consultant MCS Group on 02890235456. Or send a CV via the link provided.
- If this position is not the correct fit for you, we will likely have others which are. Please contact me directly or visit us at MCSGROUP.jobs .
Experience: 0 yrs