MCS is proud to partner again with a global fintech giant as they seek to hire new Senior QA Engineers for their Global Software Hub based in Belfast and build out the Quality Assurance function. As a Senior QA Engineer you will be responsible for driving Behavioural Driven Development and Test Driven Development to ensure business outcomes are delivered ensuring the quality of evolving products and frameworks. Strong in automation skills, the Senior QA Engineer will lead the Agile team in a shift left methodology to have a high level of automation, of which the key focus should be API level testing.
The company delivers on it's promises to further the careers of it's colleagues and this role is no different as it has come about due to a promotion!
What do I need?
- Degree or equivalent industry experience
- Financial sector experience
- Experience in delivering business focussed working software through a collaborative Agile team
- Enterprise system experience
- Experience of undertaking all forms of Functional and Non-Functional testing
- Experience of having ownership of testing for individual platforms including:
- Generating and managing exploratory testing sessions with the whole team
- Executing exploratory testing sessions
- Test coverage and status reporting
- Experience of supporting current automation tools and practises in use such as:
- BDD automation using Cucumber-JVM, SpecFlow and Fitnesse
- Loadrunner and JMeter for Performance Testing
- Experience of GUI automation using Selenium Webdriver, Test Complete and QTP
- Experience of working within Agile development teams with a BDD approach to help define and refine requirements.
- Experience of analysing and identifying key areas for automation using development skills, data manipulation skills and scripting skills
Desirable Skills and Qualification
- Relevant Testing Qualifications such as:
- ISTQB Foundation - Software Testing
- ISTQB Combined Software Testing Foundation and Agile Extension
- ISTQB Foundation - Agile Tester Extension
- ISTQB Software Testing Foundation and BCS Intermediate
- Agile Software Testing Courses
- Certified Agile Tester (CAT)
- Introduction to Acceptance Test-Driven
- Testing in Agile Environment
- BCS Intermediate - Software Testing
- Broad knowledge of Financial Markets, Systems and Over the Counter (OTC) products
- Knowledge of the FIX protocol
- Experience of designing Acceptance Test Criteria for Functional Requirements
- Experience writing and maintaining Automated Test Frameworks
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Experience of reporting on testing progress and strategy providing interpretation and insight on progress to inform management to take decisions
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Peter Stevens, Customer Solutions Manager at MCS Group 028 9693 2666.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs or give us a call 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs