MCS are delighted to be working with a Global Leader in professional services software on the search for their next Senior/Principle Java Developer.
They transform how professionals in legal, accounting and financial services get work done by combining the power of artificial intelligence. They automates routine tasks, provides powerful insights and streamlines how professionals work. Over one million professionals at over 3,000 organisations in over 65 countries rely on this client to get work done efficiently and effectively.
Who they are looking for
They are looking for bright, talented and ambitious Software Engineers with a deep passion for programming to join the team, working with them on building innovative software products using a variety of new and exciting technologies.
They are looking for engineers who can run with a problem, have a natural ability for creating clean and have the curiosity and desire to learn new languages and technologies. If you are looking for a role that isn't just gluing pieces of code together and actual want to do some real engineering then this could be the role for you.
What you will be doing
- Design and implement software solutions
- Research and evaluate new technologies that may improve the performance of their software implementation.
- Participate in design reviews, code reviews, and unit and integration test reviews.
- Be part of an agile enviroment
- Engage with your team members to create a fun and energetic place to work and learn.
What you need
- 5+ years in Java. Expertise in Object Oriented Design and Patterns.
- Experience in developing Cloud solutions with big data awareness.
- Experience in developing RESTful APIs.
- Experience in working in an Agile environment.
- SQL Skills
- You will have good written and verbal communication skills.
- You will be insatiably curious about software engineering and technology.
- You will have a strong work ethic and a strong desire to continuously learn and improve.
- Educated to degree standard, attaining 2:1 or higher in a IT/Computer Sciences discipline or equivalent.
- Be Passionate, Enthusiastic, Ambitious and a Team Player.
Salary from £55,000-£75,000 DOE
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Daryl Crothers, IT Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs