MCS Group are proud to once again be working with TP ICAP as they expand their Global Software Development Hub Based in Belfast. I am looking forward to speaking to Senior Java Engineers who are ready to take ownership of their projects and be empowered to guide how they are delivered.
TP ICAP are the largest interdealer brokerage worldwide Whilst they are a Fintech organisation their culture and values are more reminiscent of a software house and far from the strict corporate image historically associated with financial organisations.
Why work for TP ICAP?
- Proven career progression
- Varied project work on applications which make a huge impact globally
- Flexible working and work from home
- Work within a truly Agile environment with Senior Engineers dedicated to mentoring you to become a better Engineer
- Opportunity to experiment with various technologies to help you reach the best solution and overall approach
- Certified training courses to assist you in learning new technologies
- Excellent remuneration package and insurances
What will I be doing?
As a Senior Software Engineer at TP ICAP you will:
- Be part of a talented team delivering business critical software for the internal broking division and their external customer base.
- Work within an Agile environment, from design through to implementation, with a strong focus on Continuous Improvement.
- Work collaboratively as part of self-organising, cross-functional team.
- Focus on Continuous Integration and Deployment.
- Promote delivery of quality software - unit tests, code reviews etc.
- Experiment with multiple technologies and methodologies as part of delivery, to help guarantee the best solution and approach.
- Work closely with the Architect/Principal to build solutions that align to the IT strategy/vision.
- Provide support and mentoring to other members of the team.
- Work in partnership with QA counterpart to ensure the delivery of quality software.
- Deliver against both Functional and Non-functional requirements.
- Take Ownership/AccountabiIity for development of key features and drive to completion.
- Communicate effectively on progress and ensure impediments are raised early to minimise impact on the delivery.
What do I need?
- Competent developer, with experience in Java
- Degree or equivalent industry experience
- Experience of application testing, demonstrating the software meets the requirements
- Experience with either Continuous Build & Integration, Continuous Deployment or DevOps
- Middleware experience on JMS based systems i.e. Tibco EMS, RabbitMQ Reuters, IBM Websphere Message Broker
- Competent database developer (Stored Procedure development) SQL Server 2008 /2012 / 2014
- Experience working with XML and XSD technologies
- Experience of enterprise software development
- Experience of web development
- Experience with TDD, BDD or similar approaches to specifying requirements and design.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Peter Stevens, Customer Solutions Manager at MCS Group 028 9693 2666.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs or give us a call 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs