MCS are proud to be working with one of Belfast's most prestigious software houses and who offer a range of bespoke services to their clients. Receive industry leading training while developing bespoke, cutting edge software applications, working across multiple industries such as public, private, health-care and fintech.
Our client is an award winning Microsoft Gold partner who takes an incredible amount of pride in the on-going training and professional development programs that they put in place for each and every graduate joining their team.
With over 10 years of experience developing bespoke software for some of the UK's largest brands, our client has organically grown their customer base by providing a high end service for each client.
Its all software with my client, they also create bespoke networking & cloud solutions, Dynamics 365 management tools and many more!
The role will be of a complex and technical nature and involve the application of computer science and mathematics in an environment which is constantly evolving due to technological advances and the strategic direction of the company. The Senior Software Developer will be responsible for creating, testing and documenting new and amended programmes from supplied specifications, provided by the Technical Architect, Business Analysts or Project Manager.
· Keeping up to date knowledge of .Net technologies and using them to develop custom software, including but not limited to;
o .Net MVC
o .Net Core
o SQL / T.SQL
o Web Forms
o Entity Framework
o Java Script
o Microsoft Dynamics
o Microsoft SharePoint
o Kentico CMS
o DevOps principles
o SQL Server
· Responsible for completing assigned tasks across the complete software development life cycle
· You will work with clients and team members to analyse existing codebases and systems in order to provide high quality advice and deliverables.
· You will be keen to get hands-on with code and be confident developing applications for clients.
· Learn new technologies and skills to understand problems and present suitable solutions.
· Document procedures for teams to standardize Development Operations activities
· Work across teams to coordinate troubleshooting and resolution of issues
· Create backend databases to support development and testing
· Perform pre-release testing
· Research new technologies to improve future releases
· Maintain source code control
· Contribute to client and team meetings
· 5 years' experience developing software
· Communication skills (both written and verbal)
· The ability to effectively collaborate in software development activities, while taking ownership of allocated product areas.
· Knowledge and experience of SOA and Web Services
· Strong time management skills and experience of project ownership.
· An excellent team player, but also capable of working independently.
· An understanding of the full software lifecycle and appreciation of different development methodologies.
· A strong problem solver with an analytical mind and an eye for detail
· Manage time effectively and work to tight deadlines
· 29 holiday days per year with an additional day per years' service up to a maximum of 34 days.
· Health Cash Plan
· Employers for Childcare Voucher
· Opportunity for flexible working and working from home
· Enhanced Sick Pay and Income Protection
· Pension Plan
· Charity Fundraising Programmes (Action For Children)
· Busy Social Calendar (summer BBQs, Weekends Away, Quiz Nights, Christmas Party)
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Rory Foster, IT Consultant at MCS Group on 07972166308 .
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs