Why this Company?
Work within a small team with a genuine start-up feel using some of the most up-to-date technologies available.
You will form an important part of this clients expansion in Northern Ireland and will play a key role in helping them achieve their mission. The successful engineer will be seeking to disrupt the status quo and will view an engineering problem as an opportunity to innovate.
About the role
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be the linchpin of the delivery of highly innovative solutions to users globally. Your Agile delivery team will be tasked with the design and build of digital solutions for the world's largest brands
This team lives and breathes Continuous Integration/Delivery and Test Driven Development and as such you will assist in the streamlining of end-to-end processes.
You will have the opportunity to lead small teams of engineers in the design and build of these technical solutions whilst maintaining your own technical input. Each member of the team has the option to join one of three career progression streams and will have their own personal career coach/mentor
What do I need?
- Contributing to or leading application design
- End-to-end involvement in software delivery
- Working with production systems
- Demonstrating OO development in a commercial environment
- Ownership of a product or set of features within a product
- A range of software delivery tools (source control, agile tools, CI, IDE etc)
- Implementing and following best practices
- Effective prioritisation of tasks and personal time management
- Producing estimates for self and others
- Demonstrating initiative
- Coaching and mentoring more junior team members
- Interacting with clients and/or product owners
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Claire Grainger, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
Experience: 0 yrs