MCS are delighted to be working on an exclusive basis with a company who have been creating innovative comparison solutions for the insurance market for over a decade as they seek a mid-senior level developer.
Do you want to work for a company who are genuinely committed to helping you reach your full potential?
They design, build and manage insurance distribution solutions that enable their partners continued success and growth. They've been creating innovative comparison solutions for the insurance market since 2010.
Since very humble beginnings, they've grown a talented team and partnered with a number of leading brands in the UK market as well as overseas. They're always challenging solutions, which has led to the constant improvement of their technology both front-end and back-end. Today a significant chunk of all UK travel and medical insurance is purchased through their ground-breaking solutions.
They are committed to enabling our team to develop their skills and expertise to reach their full potential and offer internal training and development programmes, external training, and a management fast-track programme where possible.
Core values are truly at the heart of what they do, and they are always on the lookout for like-minded individuals to join the team.
Your New Role:
You will work as a senior software developer, the systems that you will be working on are leading aggregation platforms used by the UK's largest comparison aggregation website.
The team works in a sprint based, agile methodology with all members working across all aspects of the system; you will be involved throughout the software development lifecycle from estimation sessions to deployments. Your involvement will include tasks such as:
- Taking abstract ideas and concepts and transforming these into well designed, functional solutions.
- Software development of key work items within the company's software solutions using the latest development technologies, practices and design patterns.
- Collaboration with other Senior Developers within the business to ensure that any innovation or new technology which has been introduced into one product can be adapted for use within our other products, where possible.
- Ensure that code quality standards are met within the software development process by all contributing developers.
- Work alongside the QA team to ensure that all development items are verified as being complete and uploaded to testing environments before being handed over for testing.
- Working with the Software Development Manager to:
- Work with the Support and Product Teams alongside Customers to identify potential or ongoing issues, providing a resolution within a reasonable timeframe.
- Managing of Pre- and Post-Release tasks for the relevant product, including collation and checking of Manual Data Scripts for the release and branch management of source code.
- The use of cloud hosted code repository systems and tools to push and pull changes as well as to maintain the company's Source Code and Databases effectively and securely.
What will you bring to the table?
- Experience of designing and building an application from the ground up
- At least 5 years' experience in a commercial software environment
- Excellent working knowledge of C# and ASP.NET MVC
- Strong understanding of web technologies
- Experience working with an enterprise N-tiered application
- Working knowledge of SOLID principles and design patterns
- Good Knowledge of SQL databases.
- Working knowledge of standard industry practices such as version control etc
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to new knowledge quickly
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve effectively and consistently
- Fluent in English. Written and Verbal
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Web Services; WCF, Web API, etc.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Rory Foster , IT Consultant at MCS Group on 07972 166308 or send an up to date CV.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456. All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs