MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting a Senior Data Engineer a for a global player based in Belfast.
A truly exciting opportunity for the right person to work with a fantastic team of subject matter experts with skills across the entire IT spectrum
You will develop your skillset in a centre of excellence within a leading corporate organisation that offers excellent products on a global scale, who continue to be a pioneer their market and with a global reach.
- Enthusiastically develop and test production-ready solutions that both meet the specific and changing requirements of many teams and facilitate deep analytics or ingestion into further data processes.
- Design and build automated processes that monitor these ETL programs for data quality and governance issues and generate reports thereof.
- Participate in design reviews, code reviews, and other parts of dynamic Agile development.
- Analyse data to provide insight and to ensure quality and consistency.
- Supports Innovation; regularly provides new ideas to help people, process, and technology that interact with analytic ecosystem.
What you will need to succeed in the role
- All candidates must be able to work in the UK
- A minimum of 4 years IT experience; and
- A minimum of 2 years' experience as a Data Engineer; and
- Experience working within the Apache Hadoop framework including experience in either Apache Spark or Kafka; and
- Previous experience in developing using Scala or Java; and
- Understanding of relational databases and database structures preferably ORACLE/MONGO; and
- Working knowledge of HDFS, Apache Hive, Apache Sqoop, Cloudera Impala, or similar technologies.
What will gove you the edge
- Experience in Python, SQL, R, C++, shell scripting, or other programming languages.
- Working knowledge of Hadoop MapReduce, Parquet, Avro.
- Experience in in performing descriptive, prescriptive, or predictive analytics on large scale data.
- Experience working with deeply nested data structures.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Andrew McKnight, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at MCS Group +44(0) 28 9693 2668
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs mcsgroup.jobs
Experience: 0 yrs