MCS Group is excited to be working with a new FDI specialising in Security products and services, seeking SOC associate to join the team. As a SOC associate you will be working in a brand new team to help lead the way in the rapidly growing security space here in Belfast. Your role as a SOC analyst within this team will see you working to protect and improve on products against cyber attacks and vulnerabilities.
My client is a brand-new company coming to Belfast operating within the cyber security space. They have an exceptional reputation within the security market and are building out offices within the city centre. The kinds of products you will be working on will be across various sectors such as financial, health care and educational. Here you will be working to improve IT security and provide a service using some of the most innovative security tools and ethical hacking procedures.
- In this role you will be administering SIEM and vulnerability management.
- You will be taking part in security-based research and participate in technical documentation.
- You will be sitting within the brand new SOC team to help protect and improve products based on threat and security understandings.
- You will be ensuring high-level of compliance and reporting to ensure best practice.
- You will be investigating threats and attacks through forensic investigations.
- You will have a qualification in Computer Science/Forensics/Networking or similar.
- You may come from a networking background or have worked in a NOC/SOC environment previously.
- You should have an understanding of threats and vulnerabilities that are trends within the Cyber space.
- You should have practical knowledge of Vulnerability management, using tools such as SIEM tools e.g. Splunk/QRadar or IDS/IPS.
- You may have security-based qualifications such as CISSP, CISM, or CEH.
- You should have basic knowledge in scripting tools such as Python, Perl or Shell.
These roles come with a very generous salary and package. Not only this, it is an opportunity to help build out a brand-new team, improve your technical skills and benchmark yourself within the security market. This is a role that doesn't come to the market often, particularly for networking professionals seeking to transition into the cyber security area.
To speak in about this position in confidence, contact Linzi Reid, Specialist IT Recruitment Consultant in Cyber Security and R&D on 02890 235 456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
If this position is not right for you, we may have other that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 02890 235 456.
Experience: 0 yrs