MCS Group are proud to once again be working with TP ICAP as they seek to hire a Release and Configuration Manager for their expanding Global Software Development Hub Based in Belfast.
TP ICAP are the largest interdealer brokerage worldwide. Whilst they are a Fintech organisation their culture and values are more reminiscent of a software house and far from the strict corporate image historically associated with financial organisations.
TP ICAP are renowned in the market for their Honesty, integrity and excellence in the provision of their services to their clients. This level of respect is both for their clients and how they conduct themselves internally without bias.
Why work for TP ICAP?
- Proven career progression- Belfast is their Global Tech hub
- Varied project work on enterprise scale applications that will challenge you and help you develop your career
- Genuinely flexible work environment to accommodate the additional challenges we all have with adjusting to working from home and home schooling
- Opportunity to have autonomy and genuine ownership of the projects you are delivering upon
- Excellent remuneration package, insurances and training through certified providers
- A global name which provides stability and professional development
What will I be doing?
The Release and Capacity Manager will sit over all individual platforms workstreams coordinating the complex interdependent releases and shared QA resources with responsibility for planning and managing releases, scheduling and resourcing test cycles (regression and UAT), owning implementation dependencies, coordination of all the complex roll out scenarios across the different business areas. The Release and Capacity Manager will also provide delivery visibility to key stakeholders will add additional value and help ensure the release quality across all platform workstreams.
- Coordination and control all deployments
- Identify and recommend automated build and deployment tools
- Management of shared project resources
- Be a leading person in the company's transition to DevOps
- Work with IT teams to understand deployment changes and liaise with the support teams who do the Live deployment
- Monitor performance and load on the server and database layers
- Conduct performance analysis of measurement data, including analysis of the impact of new releases on capacity
- Conduct performance tuning to ensure the most efficient use of the existing infrastructure is in place
- Development and maintenance of a Global Release Calendar for Production releases.
- Work with project managers and test leads to maintain a forward calendar of requirements for test environments.
- Monitor the availability, and state (version) of environments (Non-production & Production) according to an agreed overall plan. Escalate version conflicts
- Track releases, upgrades and changes to the development and test environments. Maintain repository of release deliverables (documentation, binaries etc)
- Manage compliance against already defined IT service management procedures and policies around change, configuration management, release management etc.
What will I need?
- Degree or equivalent industry experience
- Enterprise system experience
- Experience of deployment coordination
- Resource management experience of shared resources including QA within a matrix style organisation
- Experience of sprint management
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Peter Stevens, Customer Solutions Manager at MCS Group 028 9693 2666.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs or give us a call 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs