MCS Group is utterly delighted to be working with Northern Ireland's largest intermediary firm! This company is a FTSE 250 fintech giant and they are currently seeking new QA Engineers to join their Global Software Hub based here in Belfast. As a QA Engineer you will be responsible for quality and testing of the next generation of Financial Trading applications.
This company is extremely proud to be working with the very best QA Engineers in the country and therefore reward their employees accordingly. They have massively invested in the newest technologies for their colleagues and are growing exponentially! Are you ambitious? Do you want to propel your testing career in automation? Are you wanting to work with the best? If so, this job is not to be missed.
What Will I be doing?
- Design and execute automated tests.
- Engage in exploratory testing.
- Conduct manual testing to support the wider strategy.
- Work closely with Senior Test Engineers to help provide estimates.
- Participate effectively within a team.
- Work closely with developers to understand the impact of testing needed to confirm changes.
- Write, capture, and execute test cases as part of user story completion (either manual or automated as appropriate)
- Drive home the importance of quality throughout the entire SDLC.
- Identify and raise risks and issues to STEs, Tas and TDM as applicable.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis for production issues as required.
- Ensure automation code is well commented and constructed, and suitable for review.
What do I need?
- Degree or equivalent industry experience
- Enterprise system experience
- Experience of analysing user story acceptance criteria to build tests
- Experience of co-ordinating testing activities
- Relevant testing qualifications such as:
- BCS Intermediate
Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience of reporting on test execution progress and analysing findings
- Knowledge of Financial Markets, Systems and Over the Counter (OTC) products
- Financial sector experience
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Automation tools and practises in use such as:
- BDD automation using such as:
- Cucumber-JVM, and
- Loadrunner and/or JMeter for performance testing
- UI automation using tools such as:
- Selenium webdriver
- Test Complete
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided or contact Scott Agnew, IT Sourcer at MCS Group 028 9049 0863.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are! Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs or give us a call on 028 9023 5456.
*All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence*
Experience: 0 yrs