MCS is proud to partner again with a global fintech giant as they seek to hire new QA Engineers for their Global Software Hub based in Belfast and build out the Quality Assurance function. As a QA Engineer you will be responsible for quality and testing of this global powerhouse's next generation of Financial Trading applications.
The company delivers on it's promises to further the careers of it's colleagues and this role is no different as it has come about due to a promotion!
What Will I be doing?
- Design and execute automated tests.
- Engage in exploratory testing.
- Undertake manual testing as required to support the wider testing strategy.
- Work closely with the STEs (and under the guidance of TAs), to enable them to provide estimates.
- Help to identify the test cases and associated tasks for user stories and, or use cases as part of the planning phase of an iteration.
- Participate actively in the team.
- Work closely with developers to understand the impact of, and testing required to confirm changes.
- Write, capture, and execute test cases as part of user story completion (either manual or automated as appropriate)
- Drive the importance of quality throughout the entire SDLC.
- Be looking for, and recognise automation opportunities.
- Identify and raise risks and issues to STEs, Tas and TDM as applicable.
- Work with STEs to help triage and prioritise issues.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis for production issues as needed.
- Communicate with STEs and the TDM on a regular basis.
- Effectively communicate within the team.
- Ensure automation code is well commented and constructed, and suitable for review.
What do I need?
- Degree or equivalent industry experience
- Enterprise system experience
- Experience of analysing user story acceptance criteria to build tests
- Experience of co-ordinating testing activities
- Relevant testing qualifications such as:
- BCS Intermediate
Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience of reporting on test execution progress and analysing findings
- Knowledge of Financial Markets, Systems and Over the Counter (OTC) products
- Financial sector experience
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Automation tools and practises in use such as:
- BDD automation using such as:
- Cucumber-JVM, and
- Loadrunner and/or JMeter for performance testing
- UI automation using tools such as:
- Selenium webdriver
- Test Complete
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Peter Stevens, Customer Solutions Manager at MCS Group 028 9693 2666.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs or give us a call 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs