They are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join their rapidly growing Technology team based in Belfast. The team is passionate about researching, developing, testing, implementing and supporting innovative technology solutions.
They invest heavily in their employees by offering the opportunity to take the solid base of skills you've developed and improve them by working on complex problems with the right training and systems to support your growth, knowledge and career progression.
Who they are looking for
Their technology team is growing to support the implementation of innovative technical solutions.
This is a new role in an existing team that has been tasked with improving both the technology infrastructure on existing engagements and developing.
They are seeking a passionate developer with a solid base set of skills including programming, database management, cloud hosting and security.
It would be beneficial to have strong practical hands on coding and scripting experience as well as sector experience within Financial Services. Curiosity is essential with some knowledge and interest in the areas where technology is changing for example AI and intelligent systems, blockchain and conversational interfaces. A good understanding of what current best practice in delivering technology projects is and how they may leverage things like Agile, DevOps, Test Driven Design (TDD) and automated testing.
- 2+ years commercial experience
- Experience with Python particularly Django framework
- Experience with Java particularly Spring boot framework
- Previous exposure to Cloud Platforms (GCP, AWS, Azure). GCP preferred.
- Relational and NoSQL Database knowledge
- Previous exposure to a corporate software development environment and risk/release processes
- Source Control (Git), Software lifecycle (Azure DevOps, Jira)
- Previous experience with developing micro-service architecture and REST APIs
- MySQL, GCP Storage and GCP Data Store
- DevOps experience
- Any Financial Services or comparable sector exposure
- Knowledge of Agile methodology with practical experience
- Strong logical reasoning, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
This role is a rare opportunity to help shape the way my client develops and supports their growing technology infrastructure with the chance to gain valuable experience in an agile software development environment. There will be a lot of opportunities for exposure to their firmwide technology network and potential to develop into a role in one of their many growing technology functions.
If you are looking for a role that offers excellent benefits and career progression as well as a dynamic and upbeat working environment then please apply for immediate consideration.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Daryl Crothers, IT Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs