MCS Group are proud to once again be working with TP ICAP as they seek to hire a Principal Java Engineer for their expanding Global Software Development Hub Based in Belfast.
TP ICAP are the largest interdealer brokerage worldwide. Whilst they are a Fintech organisation their culture and values are more reminiscent of a software house and far from the strict corporate image historically associated with financial organisations.
TP ICAP are renowned in the market for their Honesty, integrity and excellence in the provision of their services to their clients. This level of respect is both for their clients and how they conduct themselves internally without bias. As an engineer within TP ICAP you will uphold these values and principles as a core piece of the overall cultural framework
Why work for TP ICAP?
- Proven career progression- Belfast is their Global Tech hub
- Varied project work on enterprise scale applications that will challenge you and help you develop your career
- Genuinely flexible work environment to accommodate the additional challenges we all have with adjusting to working from home and home schooling
- Opportunity to have autonomy and genuine ownership of the projects you are delivering upon
- Excellent remuneration package, insurances and training through certified providers
- A global name which provides stability and professional development
What will I be doing?
The Principal Engineer will provide technical leadership to the development teams and nurture a culture of continual learning. The Principal Engineer will demonstrate the benefits of approaches to development and delivery either through working as a team member or through group sessions. The Principal Engineer should be the authority for decisions relating to standards and engineering best practices within their teams.
The Principal Engineer will be passionate about software development and keen to use their technical and mentoring skills to help their development team to be successful. They should be comfortable working in agile teams, foster transparent communication, have a commitment to quality, and focus on getting things done.
- Act as the primary technical leader and developer on a team, demonstrating strong technical competencies and acting as a dependable and high value contributor within the team such that other team members know what they should aspire to
- Provide technical oversight of the analysis and design for assigned projects
- Design, develop, test and oversee production software solutions, including the development of highly complex systems, and modifications to existing systems
- Be able to communicate the architecture and principles behind a system to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Support the use of preferred planning and prioritisation and delivery needs
- Support the team through help with defining scope and guiding estimation of work to be done by leveraging previous experience
- Be custodians for target scale architecture and best practice within your respective development team
- Identify opportunities to evolve systems towards target state architecture and direct
What will I need?
- Degree or equivalent industry experience
- Experience of hands on technical leadership
- Experience overseeing the development of complex systems
- Enterprise system experience
- Leadership experience within a software delivery team
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle in a technical role
- Current in-depth knowledge of Java
- Experience of a general purpose scripting language (such as Python, Perl, Ruby)
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Peter Stevens, Customer Solutions Manager at MCS Group 028 9693 2666.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs or give us a call 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs