Engineer for their expanding Global Software Development Hub Based in Belfast.
TP ICAP are the largest interdealer brokerage worldwide. Whilst they are a Fintech organisation their culture and values are more reminiscent of a software house and far from the strict corporate image historically associated with financial organisations.
TP ICAP are renowned in the market for their Honesty, integrity and excellence in the provision of their services to their clients. This level of respect is both for their clients and how they conduct themselves internally without bias. As an engineer within TP ICAP you will uphold these values and principles as a core piece of the overall cultural framework
Why work for TP ICAP?
- Proven career progression- Belfast is their Global Tech hub
- Varied project work on enterprise scale applications that will challenge you and help you develop your career
- Genuinely flexible work environment to accommodate the additional challenges we all have with adjusting to working from home and home schooling
- Opportunity to have autonomy and genuine ownership of the projects you are delivering upon
- Excellent remuneration package, insurances and training through certified providers
- A global name which provides stability and professional development
What will I be doing?
The Principal Test Engineer will provide technical leadership, specialising in the area of test, to the development teams and nurture a culture of continual learning. The Principal Test Engineer will demonstrate the benefits of approaches to testing and delivery, either through working as a team member or through group sessions. They should be the authority for decisions relating to testing and related best practices within their teams.
The Principal Test Engineer will be passionate about software testing and keen to use their technical and mentoring skills to help their development team to be successful. They should be comfortable working in agile teams, foster transparent communication, have a commitment to quality, and focus on getting things done.
- Acting as the primary technical tester on a team, demonstrating strong technical competencies and acting as a dependable and high value contributor within the team such that other team members know what they should aspire to
- Provide technical oversight of the testing deliverables for assigned projects
- Design, develop, test and oversee automated testing solutions, including the development of complex systems, and modifications to existing systems
- Be able to communicate the architecture and principles behind a system to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Support the use of preferred planning and prioritisation tooling to capture and track deliveries, identify issues and help with roadmap and iteration planning and prioritisation
- Ensure the team engages in a well defined SDLC that supports planning, prioritisation and delivery needs
- Support the team through help with defining scope and guiding estimation of work to be done by leveraging previous experience
- Be custodians for target scale architecture and best practice within your respective development team
- Identify opportunities to evolve systems towards target state architecture and direct refactoring and prioritisation to positively influence deliveries
What will I need?
- Degree or equivalent industry experience
- Experience of hands-on technical leadership
- Experience of mentoring colleagues and supporting colleague growth
- Experience of overseeing the testing of complex systems in an agile environment
- Enterprise system experience
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle in a technical role
- Experience designing and implementing test strategies for complex systems
- Experience of at least one full stack or scripting language (such as Java, C#, Python, JS)
- Deep technical knowledge in an area relevant to test:
- Designing and implementing automate tests in complex systems
- Analysing and troubleshooting the performance of complex systems
- Skills relevant to CI/CD pipelines - tools, operating systems, containerisation
Experience and Knowledge
- Experience of multi-year projects from inception to maintenance
- Experience working across multiple teams
- Experience of transitioing applications and/or products from vendors or remote locations to local teams
- Knowledge of Financial Markets, Systems and Over the Counter (OTC) products
- Financial sector experience
- Demonstrably researches new knowledge
- Participates in the wider testing or engineering community throughout the attendance of meet ups or other external forums
- Linux shell or Windows powershell experience
- Experience of CI and CD in an enterprise environment
- Experience of using agile tooling to support team delivery
- Experience in different test models e.g. Agile Testing, Session Based Testing
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Peter Stevens, Customer Solutions Manager at MCS Group 028 9693 2666.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs or give us a call 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs