MCS Group is working closely with a truly innovative technology company who have recently set up in Belfast in their search for a Principal Software Engineer. The Principal Java Developer will join a brand new feature team being formed at an exciting time in this new firm's growth. You'll head up a team to work on a greenfield product being built in a modern tech stack. This is a perfect opportunity for an experienced software developer still interested in coding, architecture design yet seeking to move further into technical leadership.
You'll enjoy career progression being a critical hire at this early stage within a firm with massive plans for Belfast. You'll also enjoy a great culture and literally the BEST benefits package the local market has to offer (bonus, pension, healthcare, shares and flexible working).
- Their founders have worked in senior positions in some of the world's most successful companies and this firm has already received global recognition as pioneers in a market currently worth over $40 billion (think Google, PayPal & Amazon).
- Team currently working with Java 8, Python, Cassandra, MySQL, Solr, Apache Spark, Linux, Docker, AWS - this product will also give you exposure to Amazon Redshift and Looker.
- They've plans to grow beyond 100 over the next few years.
Why else should I apply?
- You'll get the opportunity to work alongside one of Belfast's best technology managers.
- You'll contribute to a truly autonomous site, where the Belfast team will have true ownership of the work they do.
- You'll get the opportunity to work with the latest technologies in a firm which is offering something truly unique in contrast to the current market.
Who are we looking for?
- You'll have strong commercial software engineering experience with excellent programming skills in back-end Java.
- You'll consider yourself a software engineer with strong analytical & problem solving skills.
- You'll have an interest in New Technology, Machine Learning, Big Data or AI.
Up to £70,000 with one of NI's leading benefits packages.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Chris Busby, Head of Permanent IT Recruitment at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs