MCS Group is currently recruiting for an experienced Penetration Tester with the unique opportunity to assist in shaping the security posture of a Fortune 500 giant. You will play an integral role in planning and executive penetration testing engagements, in addition to more specific offensive scenario operations.
Here you will be working within a dedicated team specialising in identifying vulnerabilities across networks, applications, mobile and cloud platform. You will be joining a team of like-minded passionate and inquisitive individuals keen to make an impact throughout the wider organisation.
This organisation is a recent entrant to the local market with longstanding international success, currently in process of building out an exceptional development centre and Cyber Security team here in Belfast. At the forefront of their vision this organisation continues to invest heavily in the team to create and inclusive, diverse and forward-thinking company culture.
* You will be performing both automated and manual penetration testing to identify risks within applications, security controls and network infrastructure.
* You will be carrying out targeted penetration testing/offensive operations (planning, scoping, approval, reconnaissance & discovery, execution of attacks, pivoting, persistence, and remediation) covering large-scale applications, environments and network infrastructure.
* Your role will involve developing comprehensive and accurate reports and presentations for internal stakeholders including technical and executive audiences.
* You will be taking personal responsibility for understanding new designs, systems, and technology, with a particular emphasis on knowledge of the organisation's external points of presentence and the risks associated with them.
* Your role will involve researching emerging technologies and attack vectors and developing scripts, tools, or methodologies to enhance the organisation's red teaming processes.
* You will be creating, maintaining and configuring tooling and testing platforms.
* You should be ensuring that all internal policies and security procedures are adhered to.
* You will be tasked with leading a team of penetration testers on specific engagements when necessary.
* You should have a degree in IT/Cyber Security with strong industry experience in penetration testing or similar fields of work in cyber security. This may involve executing web application, network, and system penetration testing.
* You will have proven experience in leveraging Open Source penetration testing using tools such as Metasploit and Kali Linux, alongside other testing and C2 frameworks.
* Your experience should cover programming, for example Perl, Ruby, Python, Bash, C++, C#, or Java, including scripting and editing existing code.
* You will have experience of automated penetration testing tools and integrations.
* Your knowledge and experience should extend to evasion strategies for multiple security technologies (IDS, IPS, WAF, AV, etc.).
* You will be confident in conveying threat hunt results in formal technical reports, delivering these briefings to all stakeholders.
* You should have the ability to maintain own tools and testing infrastructure for assessing a range of environments.
* You ideally will have a sound understanding of open security testing standards and projects, including OWASP.
* You may also hold penetration testing certifications (GPEN, OSCP, OSCE, CEH, CREST etc) or have UK GOV CHECK scheme penetration testing experience.
Ultimately this role comes with the opportunity to play a significant role in driving forward the cyber security posture of an international tech-superstar. Here you will be rewarded by an attractive salary, bonus structure and benefits such as healthcare, life insurance in addition to a constantly evolving additional flexible benefits structure.
To speak in about this position in confidence, contact Linzi Reid, Specialist IT Recruitment Consultant in Cyber Security on 02890 235 456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
If this position is not right for you, we may have other that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 02890 235 456.
Experience: 0 yrs