MCS Group are delighted to work with an iconic company in Northern Ireland that delivers solutions on a global scale to recruit for a Unix Engineer. This is a brand-new role for this team, so the successful candidate will have a lot of autonomy in the role.
This is an opportunity to join a company that places a lot of pride in the development and progression of its employees. You will have the opportunity to work closely with other teams and learn other areas such as DevOps, Networking, etc if you want to.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the administration and maintenance of existing network hardware and software and be heavily involved in the research and deployment of new solutions to improve the company.
This will be the first hire in this team within Belfast, so there will be the opportunity to work with autonomy and help guide the future direction of the team with genuine opportunities to lead a team in the near future.
- Extensive knowledge of Core Windows Server technologies
- Ability to perform troubleshooting of Linux Red Hat or Oracle Linux.
- Experience troubleshooting Windows and VMWare systems
- Experience with programming languages (Power shell, Python, or Groovy) is desirable
- Experience with IT infrastructure DevOps tools such as, JSON, VXML, GitHub, Ansible, & Jenkins is not essential, but previous experience is helpful.
- Competitive market salary up to £45,000
- Matched pension
- Life Assurance
- Opportunities for development
- Learn new skills (DevOps)
- Sociable working hours!
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Ryan Kennedy, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
Experience: 0 yrs