MCS Group are delighted to be partnering with an impressive organisation that are leading the way in the provision of intelligent tracking solutions. They are now looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join their team and play a crucial role in their ongoing growth and success.
The company and role
My client are leading the way in the provision of intelligent tracking solutions for their customers across a diverse range of sectors including health, education, defence and commercial. My client really pride themselves in delivering the best possible experience for their clients and are passionate about emerging technologies.
As a Lead Software Engineer you will provide technical direction and mentorship for a small, close-knit team of software engineers. You will be responsible for proactively driving quality and innovation across the team. In this key role you will work closely with product, engineering and operational teams in the architecture and development of new and exciting products. You will be involved in the implementation and evolution of the end-to-end product development life-cycle. You will work with both internal and external customers to determine functional and technical requirements, ensuring the product is developed in line with expectations.
- Extensive experience working with Java
- Some familiarity or awareness of any of the following technologies would also be desirable: SQL, Angular, Typescript, Ionic
- Experience working in an agile environment, providing technical guidance and advice across the team.
- Experience of providing estimates on timelines and preparing functional design documents.
- Strong communication skills are essential, as you will need to manage and clearly communicate progress towards delivery.
- You will be a strong team player that enjoys learning and sharing your knowledge across the team, contributing to an environment of continuous improvement and feedback.
- Competitive salary - flexible depending on experience
- Generous annual leave and pension contribution
- BUPA Health care
- Free movie passes or Gym membership
- Training / Certifications budget
- Free Parking
- Stock Options
- Relaxed and open environment with flexible working and work from home options
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Sarah Martin, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456 or click the apply button below.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or give us a call 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs