MCS Group is looking for a Lead Software Developer to join a Public Sector organisation in Belfast until May 2022. As Lead Software Developer, you will take the lead in the design and development of a vital business application. The successful Lead Software Developer will play a hands on role within development, and lead a team of engineers as well as influence the application design and development.
- You will Lead the development of a set of business critical applications, lead the development team and get hands on with the code.
- You will be the go-to person for guidance around the software, and when/how it should be developed.
- The successful Lead Developer will lead the technical design and development process.
- As Lead Software Developer, you will coach and mentor more junior team members, and ensure that code is clean, effective and secure.
- You will gain excellent experience within a well known Public Sector organisation.
- You will have achieved a third level qualification in Computer Science or equivalent.
- OR you will have completed a HND / Foundation degree in Computing or similar.
- You will ideally have some prior experience with Azure DevOps
- As this is a Lead position, you will have spent at least a further 1 - 2 years leading a development team.
Salary: £37,181 per annum (£19.32 per hour)
Duration: Temporary position until May 2022
Please note that successful candidates will be required to complete Basic Access NI Security Clearance. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post.
Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence. Please go to www.nidirect.gov.uk/campaigns/accessni-criminal-record-checks for more information.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Jill Johnston, Head of IT Contracts- UK & Irleand at MCS Group 028 9023 5456.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs