MCS Group are delighted to have been tasked by a global intermediary firm to source a Lead Automation QA. The Lead QA will join them in their City Centre hub and will play an integral role in the transformation of their software.
My Client has created a worldwide software centre right in the heart of Belfast which will take full ownership of their complete suite of software and conduct a complete re-build. If you are fed up of maintaining and patching software and are keen on adding new technologies to your skillset then this is the career move for you.
My Client has built a reputation within their market for excellence, setting themselves aside from their competition in everything they do. They use their comprehensive data analysis, intelligence and commercial experience to deliver innovative products and services to their client base around the world.
The successful Lead QA Engineer will offer both technical leadership and development to their teams and add to their culture of mentorship and excellence. You will be expected to set an example to junior team members of high-quality Testing and adherence to best practices. You will work with and under the guidance of their Senior Test Engineers and Test Architects on the next generation of Financial Trading applications
You will naturally be passionate about Software Testing with a hunger to use your programming and scripting knowledge to assist your team to achieve its overall objectives. The Lead QA Engineer will be comfortable in Agile teams and will demonstrate a combined approach to transparency and getting the job done
- Testing via designing and execution of automated tests alongside engaging in exploratory testing
- As with any QA role there is still a small percentage of manual testing and you will conduct this to support the wider testing strategy
- You will demonstrate the drive and ambition required to build out a successful QA Team
- An appetite for working in coherence with both internal and external customers.
- Drive the importance of quality throughout the wider software development team and engage your colleagues in testing practices and triage of issues
- A focus on Root Cause Analysis and ensuring automation code is well constructed and suitable for review
- Experience of working within an Agile Team
- Clear communication to both senior management and key stakeholders
- A constant desire to remain up to date with industry developments and emerging technologies
- Working with test architects to support testing strategies and introduction of TDD practices to drive higher quality code
- Risk and issue management
- Degree or equivalent industry experience
- Previous Enterprise system experience
- Enterprise system experience
- User story acceptance criteria to build tests
- Experience in Agile teams
- Use of Automation tools such as SpecFlow, Cucumber, Fitnese
- Use of Loadrunner or JMeter as well as Selenium, Test Complete and QTP
- MSc or higher degree
Experience: 0 yrs