MCS Group is proud to be partnering with a brand-new high-growth technology firm who are setting up in Belfast in early 2021 in their search for a Lead Data Scientist. With Data at the heart of everything this organisation does, this is a critical role both for Belfast and the organisation globally. The Lead Data Scientist will act as a hands-on play/coach - taking ownership of the data science function locally, helping build out an expert team of data professionals across data science, data engineering and data warehousing.
This is the perfect opportunity for an experienced (or perhaps Senior Data Scientist) who is seeking to advance their career - honing and developing their leadership skills in a high-growth organisation working on a completely greenfield platform which will utilise the latest data science and ML tools and methodologies.
What will I be doing as a Data Scientist?
- You'll get involved in building data pipelines to process and mine historical data
- You'll prototype and measure predictive features which will transform data into critical information
- Prototyping and validating models and algorithms to boost model performance
- You'll even get involved in writing production code (python, SQL, etc.) to deliver useful analytical content
What background do I need to have?
- You'll have a strong educational background; perhaps in computer science, applied mathematics, or a similar STEM subject.
- You'll have strong skills with an advanced data analysis toolkit (Python or SQL ideal) and awareness of Machine Learning.
- SQL skills along with experience of working with relational databases and data warehouses
- Experience with python and familiarity with at least one other programming language
- Experience with NoSQL databases and unstructured data
Up to £80,000 for a Lead Data Scientist (depending upon experience) with a leading package which will include some pretty unique additional perks.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Chris Busby, Head of Permanent IT Recruitment at MCS Group 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs