They are an award winning international software company creating websites and services for high profile clients. They have offices in Belfast,Brighton and Silicon Valley.
The company provides powerful technology solutions to some of the major players multiple fields throughout the world and are recognised on a global scale. You will enjoy a flexible, collaborative and a stimulating work environment that will have you looking forward to going to work every day!
If you are interested in starting a progressive and gratifying career with a growth company that is charting new territory, then this could be the role for you!
You will participate in all stages of the Software Development Lifecycle, including research, software architecture, software design, quality assurance and deployment. This position requires strong communication skills and solution focus and will involve a high level of collaboration with other team members including Architecture, Product Management, QA and Production.
- Plan, design, implement, test, and document application code.
- Work with technical leads, project management, product owners, technical architects and testing staff to develop and deploy high quality applications.
- Work as part of an Agile team
- Develop systems that adhere to architecture standards, risk management and security policies.
- Unit test all new software thoroughly
- Deliver within acceptable timescales, to agreed quality standards.
- Provide support for production applications
- Produce updates to system documentation
- Work with project management, product owners and senior technical staff to analyse and clarify client's requirements
- Multi-task and work on multiple projects
- Work with operations and support teams
What you need
- 1+ years of software development developing scalable web-based applications.
- 1+ years of end-to-end experience in developing, packaging and distributing SaaS applications
- Knowledge of modern highly scalable web architectures including cloud technologies.
- Sound fundamentals of Java, Spring Framework, J2EE, EJB, RDBMS (SQL, MySQL and/or Oracle), Tomcat, Caching/Memcached, Reporting & Analytics.
- Strong object-oriented and data modeling experience
- Ability to work on both large and small projects, with the same attention to detail.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate into technical requirements.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with workflow, rules, event processing, and workflow, business.
- Experience using Eclipse, git, artifactory, gradle, and maven.
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience developing productivity/automation tools.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Daryl Crothers, IT Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs