MCS Group is proud to be partnering with a brand-new high-growth technology firm who recently set up in Belfast in early 2021 in their search for a Junior Data Scientist. Exclusive to MCS Group, and with Data at the heart of everything this organisation does, this is a critical role both for Belfast and the organisation globally. The Junior Data Scientist will play a key role in the analytics/data science function locally, working on a ground-breaking products for the North American Insurance market.
This is the perfect opportunity for an ambitious Data Scientist who is seeking to advance their career - honing and developing their technical skills in a high-growth, fast-paced organisation working on a completely greenfield platform which will utilise the latest data science and ML tools and methodologies.
What will I be doing as a Data Scientist?
- You'll get involved in building data pipelines to process and mine historical data
- You'll prototype and measure predictive features which will transform data into critical information
- Prototyping and validating models and algorithms to boost model performance
- You'll even get involved in writing production code (python, SQL, etc.) to deliver useful analytical content
What background do I need to have?
- You'll have a strong educational background; perhaps in computer science, applied mathematics, or a similar STEM subject.
- You'll have strong skills with an advanced data analysis toolkit (Python or SQL ideal) and an interest/awareness of Machine Learning.
- SQL skills along with experience of working with relational databases and data warehouses
- Experience with python and familiarity with at least one other programming language
- Experience with NoSQL databases and unstructured data
Up to £45,000 depending upon experience with a package which will include some pretty unique additional perks - fast-tracked pay reviews, potential of hefty bonuses for high performers.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Chris Busby, Head of Permanent IT Recruitment at MCS Group 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs