MCS are proud to be working with one of Northern Ireland's largest energy providers during their build out of a new team of Technical Architects based in Belfast!
Oracle ADG | Microsoft Azure | Data Factory | Data Lake | Streaming Data | Power BI | SQL | NoSQL | HVR
Our client is one of the largest energy providers on the market. Their applications are used by over 1 million customers ona daily basis. With such a large group of applications under the one roof, the architecture of these products are key - this is where YOU come in.
You will be reporting directly to the Strategy and Architecture Manager, you will lead design of new applications, as well as incremental changes to existing applications, this scope of which will cover user interfaces, middle ware, applications, data and infrastructure.
You will provide technical leadership to applications development team, collaborating on designs and conducting solution reviews. A key tenant of this role is to assure stakeholder of the viability and effectiveness of solutions therefore being able to converse at all levels and to manage expectations is essential.
You will also be responsible for supporting the development of our clients Technology and Information architectural strategy and direction. This will involve taking ownership of current application architectures and developing blueprints which supports the continued growth of the business, to increases agility and reduces technical debt of our application portfolio.
This is a highly collaborative role and a significant amount of your time will be in working with business stakeholders and understanding their needs.
- Maximise the value of information across the organisation through collaboration with the business and technical architects to understand the implications of respective architectures on the information architecture
- Define and own architecture for Data Warehouse, Master Data / Reference Data, integration for data and transaction processing
- Define, own and maintain patterns, policies and procedures for data definition, data architecture and data modelling
- Review of all project deliverables where information is derived and/or consumed
- Govern adherence to information architecture and processes by projects and operations
- Develop reference architectures, policies and standards and present to Architecture Review Board for ratification
- Build the enterprise conceptual and logical data models for analytics, operational and data mart structures in accordance to industry best practices
- Provide advice and guidance where applicable on data protection and data governance standards and their application
- Maintain the assessment and inventory of the existing enterprise-level information processing environments
- Develop and own delivery of the strategy for information archiving
- Facilitating solution design workshop. Designing, writing and vetting functional specification for configuration, enhancements, new designs, interfaces and reports
- Host lunch 'n' learns with the business community on technical and non-technical topics on all things data related
- Proactively use of continuous improvement techniques to better overall process and performance
- Providing support and development to business process areas
As a senior architect, you will have solid experience of developing data strategies, standards development and implementation techniques.
You will have extensive experience of leading high- and low-level solution designs at conceptual, logical and physical levels, for distributed databases.
The following will also be essential:
- Extensive experience in driving and delivering Metadata architectures and Master Data Management solutions
- Extensive hands on experience in performing analysis and design for information management and data driven projects and using data to drive decision making
- Experience with Big Data/Hadoop/NoSQL, SQL, Visualization and reporting tools, data modelling and information profiling analysis, GDPR and data transformation
- Experience of developing strategic roadmaps to support application development
- Current driving licence and access to car
Would you be interested in discussing this role further? If so, then feel free to reach out to discuss in a little more detail.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Christian Campbell , IT Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456. All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs