MCS Group are delighted to partner once again with TP ICAP as they search for an IAS Analyst to join their rapidly expanding Belfast based team.
TP ICAP play a pivotal role in the world's financial markets, covering FX, Rates, Credit, Equities, Energy & Commodities. As a truly global company their clients include banks, insurance companies, pension and hedge funds, asset managers, energy producers and refiners, as well as risk and compliance managers and charities.
This is a fantastic opportunity an Application Support professional to join a new team within the Belfast office who are charged with the implementation and support of trading systems providing Level 2 application support. This is a high profile business facing role that works with the core technologies that make TP ICAP the leader in electronic trading business.
What you will be doing:
- Caters to installation requests coming from QA and Development groups that range from bug fixes, upgrades and enhancements of trading applications in accordance to established and documented baselines, policies and procedures.
- Monitor and administration to all trading application platforms and the performance of systems environment.
- Act as escalation point from first line support that troubleshoots problems by responding to daily broker/trader application trouble call requests. Provide higher level deep dive analysis to that of first line counterparts.
- Builds up the trading application environment with all the required third part tools and application in Non-Production and production environments.
- Writes scripts using Shell, Perl, Powershell and SQL to automate installation, monitoring and gathering of relevant data that serve as tools to check the health of the system.
- Creates documentation that describes application setup and procedure on how to accomplish a task (Runbooks for installation procedure, Remedies to Known Application Problems and Trouble Shooting Steps).
- Attends and participates in IAS meetings and conference calls that discuss production issues, scheduled production change or upcoming projects.
- Submit requests and change control forms to document the change done in both staging and production environment. Follows up the status of each request until it is completed.
What you will need:
Knowledge and skills
- Project management skills
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Interpersonal skills: ability to communicate effectively with stakeholder peers, subordinates and customers
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as documentation skills, to include solid experience in deploying software and writing functional procedures
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the following Microsoft products: Word, PowerPoint, Project, Excel and Visio
- Understanding of customer demand and technology innovation to meet client present and future requirements
- Ability to work/interface with multiple Lines of Business and geographies.
- Proven record of internal customer support
- Creation of documentation, both internal and external facing.
- Knowledge of production implementation and support based on standard practices and documentation
- Knowledge of the processes, commands and configuration files required for implementation and support
- Some experience with SQL language and Databases a major plus
- Some experience with C, C++, or Java is a major plus
- Working knowledge of basic network tools (ssh, sftp, scp, snoop, traceroute etc)
- Must have a power user knowledge of the Unix/Linux Operating System
- level Unix/windows System Administration experience a plus
- Knowledge of CVS, SVN or other SCM systems.
- Ansible scripting for Application deployment, configuration management and continuous delivery.
- Knowledge of JIRA and ServiceNow tools
- Websphere MQ
- Perl Scripting
- Shell Scripting
- Powershell Scripting
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Peter Stevens, Customer Solutions Manager at MCS Group 028 96932666.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs or give us a call 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs