Big news!! ASOS is setting up a tech hub right here in Belfast and we are delighted that MCS Group are the exclusive talent partner for ASOS NI. We are seeking to connect with an Engineering Manager (Hands off) to join the ASOS tech revolution. ASOS invest huge amounts of money into cutting edge technology, trust us they operate on the bleeding edge.
After multiple conversations with various individuals across the tech business it was easy to identify this giant still retains their start up feel. Where else would you get direct access to the Microsoft product teams? They help shape the future of the Microsoft products proving their committed investment in cutting edge tech and their passion for never standing still. Whilst not everyone will know ASOS for their tech capabilities, technology is in their DNA.
In every conversation MCS Group have had across the ASOS business it is extremely clear people are at the core. Committed to diversity and inclusion, aiming for 50/50 gender parity in leadership roles by 2023 (65% of the company is currently female), right down to their Tech Develops sessions the last Friday of every month ASOS are committed to ensuring their people get the most out of their career. We could write so much more but unfortunately, we can't fit in all in, so apply and be sure to find out the rest of the ASOS story. Now is your time to become an ASOSer.
- Line managing a team of between 12-18 engineers, setting objectives and creating suitable Personal Development Plans.
- Working with Platform Leads and Technical Capability & Competency Team Leads to ensure your teams are high-performing and consistently and iteratively deliver high-impact, high quality work.
- Continuously assess your team's approach and process maturity (with suitable techniques and metrics), and coach them to adopt Agile methods to ensure a successful and sustainable delivery.
- Mentoring and coaching your direct reports whilst working closely with Competency and Coaching team and Heads of Technology, developing them into top performing individuals who excel at what they do.
- Partner with leaders and teams across ASOS to share your knowledge and drive organisational change and improvement.
- Ensure your engineers have the relevant skills (via training, coaching etc.) to deliver business priorities.
- Identifying trends and concerns amongst engineers and engineering teams so you can work directly with other leaders to address.
- Help attract and recruit the best engineering talent.
- Partnering with senior engineers to drive technical initiatives that improve our engineering practices.
The successful Engineering Manager will be able to demonstrate:
- A proven track record of developing and growing people.
- Demonstrable experience in leading, managing, and coaching engineers.
- An advanced understanding of the fundamentals of Software Engineering, Agile delivery principles and frameworks.
- A strong passion for delivering customer and business value through amazing user experiences.
- Proven experience working in a Software Engineering environment and building relationships with stakeholders and business leaders.
- Experience acting in a role such as Agile Delivery Manager, Engineering Manager, Development Manager or Scrum Master.
- You're data driven, but you know when to follow your intuition to move fast.
A highly competitive salary depending on experience alongside an excellent and highly attractive benefits package including: 12% bonus, £5500 as extra salary or benefits for the family, Pension Matching, Life Insurance, medical cover, holidays, further flexible benefits to personalise and excellent learning and development opportunities. Plus discounts!!
To Speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Ryan Mitchell, Head of Customer Solutions at MCS Group or click apply below.
Experience: 0 yrs