MCS Group are delighted to be working with the worlds leading POS software solutions company here in Belfast City Centre. This highly innovative organisation is seeking to add a DevOps Engineer to their vibrant, growing team. The successful DevOps Engineer will gain invaluable exposure to web services and cloud based software and will also benefit from working alongside some of the most talented Developers in Belfast and New York. My client already has a world class platform that gives them the agility to release software hundreds of times per month, but are looking for an engineer to take this to the next level!
Working with your colleagues in US and Belfast you will be engineering and implementing tools to improve processes and the overall developer experience in software engineering.
About the Company:
The traditional cash register has been around for decades, often archaic in nature and clunky! My client was born out of the frustration of the traditional cash register business with the goal to allow independent businesses to compete with the big guys on the High Street. They have created a beautifully simple and affordable point system with a difference which allows their merchants to dream big and fight smart. Actively delivering the data small businesses need to run smarter businesses at the heart of their communities.
You will be delivering on a robust, beyond cutting edge infrastructure which serves teams around the globe. As a vital member of the team you will work within a small, agile DevOps team to design and deploy using some of the most cutting edge technologies available today.
You will collaborate closely with the development teams and engineering leadership to deliver newly automated features that improve the happiness of the development team and clients alike. You will achieve this by championing and the introducing new technologies which you truly believe in. You will use your strong problem solving skills and curiosity to regularly design new solutions for platforms.
- A minimum of 2 years exposure of one object orientated language (e.g. Java, C++) and exposure to at least one dynamic language (e.g. Ruby, Python)
- Some previous exposure with database design and development of SQL queries
- Background in solving issues within complex systems
- Proficiency in a Linux/Unix environment
- Use of Git/GitHub
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with large data-sets such as: ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL, or Redis
- Container orchestration tools like Kubernates
- Experience with containerization: eg. Docker, Mesos, or Marathon
- Modern UI frameworks: React, Angular JS, Ember.js, or Backbone.js
- Agile development experience either though Scrum or Kanban
- Experience with Ruby-on-Rails or Python.
- Experience with Test Driven Development.
- SAAS Monitoring tools such as DataDog or NewRelic
- Deployment and monitoring of cloud-hosted environments
- Equity Options
- Income and Death insurance
- Subsidised Travel
- Catered meals (inc Bagel Fridays!)
- Pool table
- Happy hours and beer/wine fridge
- Engineering Conferences (with a $1,800 personal budget)
Experience: 0 yrs