MCS Group have been tasked with finding/recruiting a DevOps Engineer by a global client who have made us wish we could code!! This client is not only tackling one of the most prominent issues facing online retailers today, it is also offering an outstanding package to its team of expert engineers.
They have deduced that it takes lots of little things to attract the best DevOps Engineers in Belfast and are continually tweaking this list to ensure they attract only the most ambitious talent.
MCS Group have found that the following three benefits are attracting the most attention from Java Developers in NI:
- 2 days working from home per week
- Guaranteed annual Bonus
- Free varied lunch options provided everyday (no more stale sandwiches at your desk!)
My client are hoping to grow their team of Engineers within their cutting edge Belfast City Centre hub to over 70 this year alone. As the first DevOps Engineer onsite, you will be working on software which prevents fraudulent activity online in an atmosphere which fosters a variety of working styles. This organisation knows that their Engineers thrive on being allowed to get the job done without interference, but they are always there to lend a helping hand where required.
The successful DevOps engineer will be working on a 100% cloud-based system infrastructure. This is an 'infrastructure-as-code' role with each team baring the responsibility to ensure effective management of their cloud services
My client uses Java for the development of their products and Python for their tools, but the opinion on which language you think should be used for DevOps will be welcomed.
You will be quick to react and troubleshoot issues and will ensure complete compliance with company IT Policies as well as regulatory standards
Are you someone who can help the team? My client needs people who:
- Thrive on overcoming technical challenges
- Have a background in managing shared infrastructure for engineering
- Is an expert in container based technologies, using them for load balancing and networking
- Aren't afraid to voice their opinion in a constructive manner to maximise project potential
- Get job satisfaction from helping your customers and colleagues when required
- Love DevOps; in particular rolling up your sleeves for the coding elements!
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and are able to help unlock the ability of team members to produce code at high speed
- Understands the dynamics and demand of each iteration and have the drive to ensure systems become more reliable over time
- Understand the importance of automation and ideally will have the desire to automate everything!!!
All good so far? Here's the fine detail you will need to get the job:
- 2+ years developing high traffic SAAS systems
- A good grasp of build systems such as Gradle and Maven coupled with container technologies Docker and Kubernates
- Knowledge of Orchestration/automation tools like Chef, Ansible or Salt
- Linux administration and debugging tools
- Excellent programming skills in Python, Java, C++ C#/.Net or Similar language
Here's where you will really excel:
- Previous experience in a company developing new software
- Knowledge of or interest in Machine Learning
Experience: 0 yrs