MCS Group is proud to be partnering with a brand-new high-growth technology firm who are setting up in Belfast in 2021 in their search for a Data Scientist. With Data at the heart of everything this organisation does, this is a critical role both for Belfast and the organisation globally. The Data Scientist will join a growing team, playing a big part in the building out of a best-in-class data function locally, working on an exciting platform harnessing AI/ML technologies for the insurance industry.
This is the perfect opportunity for an ambitious Data Scientist who is perhaps feeling stagnant in their career - you'll work with a brilliant team being assembled, have the support of some of Belfast's top data professionals and get proper exposure to product development and a variety of DS technologies and tools.
- You'll get involved in building data pipelines to process and mine historical data
- You'll prototype and measure predictive features which will transform data into critical information
- Prototyping and validating models and algorithms to boost performance of this firm's cutting-edge platform
- You'll even get involved in writing production code (python, SQL, etc.) to deliver useful analytical content
- You'll support the Lead Data Scientists and in turn have the opportunity to mentor new team members as you grow
What background do I need to have?
- You'll have a strong educational background; perhaps in computer science, applied mathematics, or a similar STEM subject.
- You'll have strong skills with an advanced data analysis toolkit (Python or SQL ideally) and an awareness (or interest) of Machine Learning.
- SQL skills along with experience of working with relational databases and data warehouses
- Experience with python and familiarity with at least one other programming language
- Experience with NoSQL databases and dealing with unstructured data
Up to £45,000 (depending upon experience)
You'll also benefit from accelerated career progression, being an early hire of a new venture which will grow to over 20 in 12 months!
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Chris Busby, Head of Permanent IT Recruitment at MCS Group 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs