MCS are proud to be working with one of Northern Ireland's largest energy providers during their build out of a new team of Technical Architects based in Belfast!
DevOps | C# | .NET | Architecture | Software
Our client is one of the largest energy providers on the market. Their applications are used by over 1 million customers ona daily basis. With such a large group of applications under the one roof, the architecture of these products are key - this is where YOU come in.
You will be reporting directly to the Strategy and Architecture Manager, you will lead design of new applications, as well as incremental changes to existing applications, this scope of which will cover user interfaces, middle ware, applications, data and infrastructure.
You will provide technical leadership to applications development team, collaborating on designs and conducting solution reviews. A key tenant of this role is to assure stakeholder of the viability and effectiveness of solutions therefore being able to converse at all levels and to manage expectations is essential.
You will also be responsible for supporting the development of our clients Technology and Information architectural strategy and direction. This will involve taking ownership of current application architectures and developing blueprints which supports the continued growth of the business, to increases agility and reduces technical debt of our application portfolio.
This is a highly collaborative role and a significant amount of your time will be in working with business stakeholders and understanding their needs.
- Define enterprise application architectures for use by technical teams
- Conduct meetings with business owners and transform requirements into effective and strategically aligned solutions which are clearly and concisely communicated
- Drive standardisation and simplification across the enterprise, lowering cost, improving quality and value of applications in a strategic manner
- Govern adherence to architecture processes by projects and operations, presenting key findings to ARB
- Own and drive actions stemming from audits and reviews
- development of reference architectures, standards and principles
- Participation in application road map development
- Providing support to our clients partner ecosystem of designers, domain architects, technical analysts/specialists on all aspects of our client solution architecture
- Developing an exposure to IT Operations of the production and implementation of Digital Strategies covering multiple digital technologies
- Verify stability, interoperability, portability, and scalability of our clients applications
- Proactively use of continuous improvement techniques to better overall process and performance
- Providing support and development to business process areas
- Extensive experience in working as part of multidiscipline teams through significant application architecture projects including direct hands on experience in enterprise-level architecture and design
- Extensive experience of leading high and low level solution designs at conceptual, logical and physical levels for .NET / C# applications
- Experience of cloud technologies, solutions and future cloud strategies
- Experience of developing workable application roadmaps
- Experience of the application of DevOps pipelines to support continuous integration & continuous delivery
- Technically competent in application design techniques and patterns and the application of reference architectures
- Great interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Experience with middleware technologies - design, build and implementation
- Current driving licence and access to a car
- Experience of successfully implementing architectural standards using TOGAF 9.x.
- Experience in Oracle Customer Care and Billing.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise effectively.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience of working effectively with others to achieve team goals.
- Ability to learn new skills/tasks quickly with a high level of motivation and enthusiasm
- A high level of customer focus.
- Experience of delivering projects to or supporting systems for the Retail energy and utility sector.
Would you be interested in discussing this role further? If so, then feel free to reach out to discuss in a little more detail.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Christian Campbell , IT Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456. All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs