MCS Group are proud to once again be working with TP ICAP as they expand their Global Software Development Hub Based in Belfast. I am looking forward to speaking to Cloud Support Engineers or Application Support Engineers who are ready to take their career to a new level by achieving AWS Certification.
TP ICAP are the largest interdealer brokerage worldwide Whilst they are a Fintech organisation their culture and values are more reminiscent of a software house and far from the strict corporate image historically associated with financial organisations.
If you would rather hear what it's like to work there directly from current Engineers click here to learn more about how your career can really take off with TP ICAP: https://www.mcsgroup.jobs/employment-root/tp-icap/
Why work for TP ICAP?
Proven career progression- 15 out of their 50 engineers were promoted this year
Varied project work on applications which make a huge impact globally
Work within a truly Agile environment with Senior Engineers dedicated to mentoring you to become a better Engineer
Opportunity to experiment with various technologies to help you reach the best solution and overall approach
Certified training courses to assist you in learning new technologies- Fully funded AWS Certification.
Excellent remuneration package and insurances
TP ICAP are one of the world's leading interdealer brokers. Primarily operating as an intermediary in the wholesale financial and energy sectors, TP ICAP facilitates the trading activities of its clients, in particular commercial and investment banks. Product areas include: Fixed Income Securities and their derivatives, Interest Rate Derivatives, Treasury products, Equities and Energy and Commodities.
TP ICAP are renowned in the market for their Honesty, integrity and excellence in the provision of their services to their clients. This level of respect is both for their clients and how they conduct themselves internally without bias. As an engineer within TP ICAP you will uphold these values and principles as a core piece of the overall cultural framework
The individual will form part of a small team responsible for the support trading and regulatory reporting application. Key responsibilities include providing incident and problem management to our internal and external clients, building and developing relationships with these clients whilst providing excellent technical support, release and change control process.
This role requires an understanding and knowledge of Amazon Web Service (AWS). While an appreciate of cloud technology is expected, training will be provided to the required level to perform this role.
- Proactive management of business-critical real-time reporting systems, identifying issues and potential problem areas.
- Interact with various internal IT support functions: Infrastructure, Development, Quality Assurance, Operations, external IT department and 3rd party vendors to troubleshoot and resolve complex incidents.
- Work with Business Regulatory Support and other Support Teams to identify areas of development.
- Contribute to the further direction of the technology
- Degree or equivalent industry experience;
- Experience of supporting business critical front/mid office applications;
- Experience of working in an ITIL environment (ideally with ITIL certification);
- Good understanding of Windows and Linux servers;
- Knowledge of web servers: IIS / Apache Tomcat / Nginx
- Knowledge of key technology: MarkLogic, XQuery, NoSQL, Ansible, Java, C#
- Knowledge of Kibana, Grafana, AppDynamics, ServiceNow Experience of cloud technology: AWS or Azure;
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment - (Github, Nexus, Team City, CloudBees or Jenkins);
Experience: 0 yrs