Vacancy Reference - 16591
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary IT Support Officer to be based in Belfast. This is a full time role, Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm and expected to last until the end of March, with the possibility of extension. The following duties will be required -
* Technical support for AFBI's line-of-business (scientific) infrastructure including LIMS (Laboratory Information Management) systems and business applications across all AFBI sites
* Technical support for the connection of scientific / analytical equipment (RS-232, USB, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, etc)
* Liaison with IT Assist (AFBI's primary IT service provider) to ensure successful delivery of SLA managed services (user accounts, email, internet, etc)
* Liaison with third party providers to resolve hardware and software issues including device connectivity
* Provide technical support for internal and external training courses as required
* Assistance during procurement exercises
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* In possession of five GCSEs (grade C or above) or equivalent (including English and Mathematics)
* Have a minimum of two year's relevant experience* of working in an IT support role gained within the last three years
* Relevant experience defined as
a) Supporting and administering Microsoft domain systems utilising Microsoft Windows 7 and above operating systems
b) Troubleshooting and resolving computer and device connectivity issues (RS-232, USB, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, etc);
c) Hands-on experience installing and maintaining computing components and software;
d) Proven ability to work on own initiative with problem resolution in time sensitive situations;
e) Contribution to provision of a technical support facility (service desk)
* Must have a clean, valid UK full driving licence
* Access to a form of transport.
Candidates will be required to obtain a Basic Access NI check at a cost of £26
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.