Vacancy Reference - 16770
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Band 5 Engage Online Web Content Editor to be based in Belfast or Derry/Londonderry (to be agreed). This is a full time role, Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm and expected to last until the end of March. The following duties will be required -
* Supporting the PPI Senior Officer in the development and delivery of content hosted on Engage.
* Contributing to the strategic overview, direction and approach of specific sections of the Engage website to support the communication of HSC PPI key strategic goals and objectives.
* Inputting to the development of work procedures, practices and approaches to ensure maximum effectiveness and efficiency.
* Engaging in the preparation, production and dissemination of material to steering groups involved in the development of the Engage website.
* Liaising with HSC officers to identify and incorporate cross-cutting content.
* Preparing, maintaining and updating databases relating to the production and review of information hosted on Engage.
* Analysis penetration through methods such as analytics, metrics and stats to profile and report on significant patterns of use.
* Scoping and timetabling editorial and technical work, updating and developing function and features of website; preparing images, audio and video files for uploading.
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* Degree, or equivalent professional qualification, in a relevant subject such as Journalism, Communications or English, together with at least 2 years' experience in the field of digital media.
* Professional qualification or equivalent/higher qualification and 3 years' experience in the field of digital media
* 5 years' experience in a role involving digital media
* Practical experience of using:
* Web Content Management Systems eg WordPress
* Web measurement and reporting tools eg Google analytics
* Social media management tools
* Search engine optimisation techniques eg metatags
* Experience in the use of Microsoft office products including Word and PowerPoint
* Strong command of written English, a keen eye for detail, and ability to deliver clear, concise, compelling copy and make complex concepts understandable.
* Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and progress a demanding workload and deliver to tight deadlines.
* Ability to work on own initiative and cooperatively as part of a team.
* Excellent communication skills (written and oral), with ability to negotiate and influence, to meet the needs of the post in full.
* Collation of materials (text, images, audio/visual and downloadable files) and identification of gaps and quality issues.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.