£22,000-£28,000 Plus Benefits
Your new role
HNH Human Capital are recruiting a Graphic Designer to join a professional services centre in Belfast. This is a permanent position within their creative services and marketing department and offers an excellent position from which to grow a career in a fast-paced, global company. The role will involve monthly travel to London office and as the company expands, potential travel into Europe. This role is ideal for an experienced designer circa 2-3 years with digital, animation and film editing skill sets in addition to traditional design work. All levels with relevant skills will be considered.
As Graphic Designer you will be providing digital and traditional design skills including output for video, animation, print and web platforms. You will work within the Creative Services team, providing design, art working, typesetting and brand guidance ensuring that all work is completed accurately and efficiently in accordance with the firm’s global consistency guidelines.
- Work effectively with colleagues and internal clients to ensure the delivery of high quality on brand design.
- To build and maintain excellent working relationships with our Marketing, Business Development and Communications colleagues both in Belfast and London as well as other teams in Document Services and Business Services.
- To communicate effectively with internal and external clients regarding requests, alerting them at an early stage to any difficulties and escalating to the Team Lead or Design Manager if necessary.
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers in order to find solutions and ensure an effective and excellent design service
This role will involve the Graphic Designer taking on a more Digital focus on specific project work involving Filming, editing and creating animations. But will also have some element of traditional day to day design work. Therefore, the perfect candidate will present with a solid digital and animation portfolio as well as experience across traditional print/design fields.
- 1st Class design degree or 2:1 Degree in a relative subject with circa 2-3 years’ experience.
- Advanced skills in InDesign, Illustrator as standard.
- Editing software experience: After Effects, sound knowledge of Premier, Illustrator and PhotoShop. Final Cut Pro experience useful but not essential.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced corporate environment or similar.
- Excellent client service focus.
- Strong communicator, comfortable presenting and sharing ideas.
- Ideas led designer willing to contribute in meetings and add to the greater good of the department and business as a whole.
- Thrives in a high pressured, deadline driven environment.
- Motivated, proactive, flexible and seeks to find solutions.
- Comfortable working remotely to internal clients.
- Team player – comfortable handing over work where necessary.
- Good understanding of print processes including experience of preparing artwork for print.
If you meet the relevant criteria and would like to be considered for this position, please submit your CV and a link to your online portfolio ASAP to our Associate Director, Fionntán Gamble, Fionntan @ hnhhumancapital.com or call on 02890316948 to discuss directly.