Specialist technology company in Belfast.requiring Senior Datacentre consultant
Hays Technology is recruiting for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to provide 3rd line support for a Swiss pharmaceutical client. If you land the role you will be responsible for managing the entire technology stack in several regional data centres throughout Europe.
What you will be doing:
- Change management - Author change requests and submit to the Change Board. Provide technical peer review and approval for changes submitted by other team members. Implement changes during and outside of business hours.
- Problem management - Identify and remediate root cause of complex issues affecting delivery of a service. Identify potential problems and propose preventative measures to reduce/remove the likelihood of the problem affecting the service.
- Incident management - Act as the final point of escalation for diagnosis and resolution of incidents in a 3rd line capacity. Engage directly with customers and regional heads where necessary to resolve incidents.
- Work with the Technical Architect and Security team to design, implement and review controls which comply with the corporate security policies. Ensure segregation of duties between development and support groups in the managed services environment through appropriate controls on access rights.
Who will you be working for:
You will be working for a specialist technology company based in Belfast who proudly focus on the delivery of innovative solutions for their enterprise clients in the pharmaceutical sector.
What do we need from you:
The ideal candidate will have
- Proven experience in an enterprise support environment
- Detailed knowledge of the Microsoft Windows Server technology stack and Azure cloud platforms
- Wide breadth of knowledge on Enterprise IT Infrastructure platforms including VMware VSphere and ESXi
- Expert knowledge of HPE Storage and Server technologies
What will you get in return:
In return for working for an amazing company in a fun and exciting role, you will be rewarded with an excellent salary and benefits package.
I am a recruitment consultant for Hays Technology specialising in Projects and Change for Northern Ireland, helping tech professionals develop their careers and ensuring organisations are supported by the top talent. My passion for this space stems from building a business on strong principals of customer service and delivery - I thrive on delivering for our clients.
As a company, we at Hays Technology are shaping the future of recruitment, experts in IT Infrastructure have never been needed more as organisations across the world evolve and adapt to the unforeseen challenges we have all been subject to throughout the pandemic.
Experience: 0 yrs