DevOPs engineer required for Award winning Tech House
Your new company
Our client is a leading provider of online booking systems. Their technology, services and distribution assist sporting facilities increase revenue, expand their markets and manage their businesses.
Your new role
Based in Belfast and working closely with the Engineering, Quality and Product teams, this highly visible and mission critical position will assist in the delivery and management of applications and infrastructure that processes tens of millions of online rounds per year around the world.
AS A DevOps Engineer you will help automate, build, deploy and secure products as part of a mutli-timezone team across Belfast, various sites in the USA .
What you'll need to succeed
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- Systems administration experience of Linux (Redhat or Debian variants), Windows Server.
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages such as bash, perl, python, PowerShell etc.
- Familiarity with the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP).
- Experience of source control tools, including git, SVN and TFVC/TFS.
- Familiarity with systems configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc.
- Experience using productivity and time management tools such as Atlassian JIRA.
- Demonstrable experience of producing technical and process documentation.
- An understanding of the software development process.
- Strong problem-solving ability, with attention to detail.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
- Experience of virtualisation
- Experience with software development (particularly PHP and Python)
- Experience with containerisation and associated orchestration (Kubernetes preferred)
- Build automation/CI tools including one or more of the following:
- Atlassian Bamboo
- GitLab CI/CD
- Experience with Kubernetes in production
Knowledge of load balancing software and hardware (F5, HAProxy, Nginx
What you'll get in return
It's a great time to be part of this business and their employees are part a truly global company.
They have " a start-up spirit" and have an internal feel of a small agile company, but leverage all the benefits and resources of an international corporate community.
This is a great opportunity with kick off your career with this award winning establishment "Best Company to work for" 2016 and 2017 and "Best Office" 2018 and be part of an exciting business with plans for significant future growth.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs