Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary ICT Level 5 to start ASAP for a duration of 3 Months+
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £11.00 per hour
13+ week's £15.67 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT9
Hours: 36.5 per week
To provide user and technical support and guidance to all ICT service users in the College with the use of ICT/digital equipment in accordance with the ICT service level definition.
- Have a relevant qualification IT - support - NVQ Level 2 or higher
- At least 2 years' experience in the operation, maintenance and installation of Windows computer based technologies
- At least 2 years' experience in providing user support to computer users.
- Experience of providing a high level of customer service in a help desk environment
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Competent in the use of providing support of Microsoft 365 and Officer 2013.
- Evidence of recent support of Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- General maintenance of user workstation equipment, end user support, and systems maintenance to include various end-user computing devices, software, and peripherals.
- Help Desk User assistance and support with computer systems mobile phones, office phones, printers and peripherals.
- Provide assistance to users with respect to the Colleges software applications, mainly Windows 7, Windows 10, Office 365 and Office 2013/16.
- Receive, log and escalate service requests as a first point of contact for the helpdesk facility.
- Assist other team members with the development and maintenance of the helpdesk application and knowledge-base.
- Perform configurations, installations, re configurations, upgrades and re allocations of Windows and Macintosh workstations and laptops.
- Basic network configuration and troubleshooting.
- Analyse and recommend new products, upgrades and services for end users
- The ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make sound decisions Misc. projects as assigned.
- Liaise with the Digital Infrastructure Officer to provide support as required for infrastructure projects and information and data systems in the College.
- Operate and maintain an up to date inventory and logging system for all ICT/digital resources.
- Work with team members to set-up and commission new hardware and software in teaching and research areas and for individuals.
- Physically transport IT hardware and audio visual equipment as required.
- Provide support to staff and students with the use of their own devices and applications where relevant.
- Provide guidance and advice to staff and students with regards to the security of user accounts.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of compliance with current Health and Safety requirements and procedures, in accordance with best practice and the relevant legal requirements.
- Work collaboratively with team members to meet all support requirements and queries logged on the Helpdesk system in accordance with the ICT Service Level Definition.
Continually update own learning, and network with like-minded professionals internally and externally to exchange ideas and develop skills and knowledge.
- Attend and undertake relevant training/learning activities in accordance with the role and skills required.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland
Experience: 0 yrs