ETL Business Analyst - 12-month contract
As part of our Development team, the Data Migration Engineer will partner closely with our product management team to capture the detailed requirements and accurate data mappings. They will also be responsible for implementing a set of tools to seamlessly migrate multiple client systems based on the initial requirements.
They will also work closely with the Development and Customer Success teams to ensure the developed tools can be easily maintained, supported and extended for future migrations to address specific client data requirements.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define the ETL strategy and approach
- Translate business requirements from the product team into technical designs and detailed data maps
- Implement efficient and accurate data migration toolset to successfully support repeatable client migration activities
- Facilitate acceptance testing of the data migration toolset by the client migration team
- Execute a successful handover to the Development team and ensure that the tools are maintainable and extensible to support future data migration requirements.
- Proven experience of delivering enterprise data migration solutions, and successfully executing client-facing ETL projects
- Expertise in capturing low-level data migration requirements
- Deep knowledge of SQL and relational databases (in a commercial RDBMS such as Sybase, SQL Server or Oracle), including the use of stored procedures
- Knowledge of industry-standard methodologies and tools to support complex data migration activities, such as Microsoft SSIS or Talend
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively to solve problems
- Ability to balance the “best” design with what’s achievable
- Experience working in an Agile development process
Experience: 5-6 yrs