Transcend Production Support
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever-changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
Allstate NI has a requirement to source a production support resource to support the Annuity Administration System – Transcend.
Transcend was originally designed to support all aspects of life insurance and annuity policy administration functions; that include product development, customer and distribution information, transaction processing, reporting, billing and accounting. Maintenance support includes ticket work for code development and on call support and involvement in design review boards.
Technologies used in this team include Magic XPA, Oracle, SQL, Perl, Linux, PL/SQL.
Responsibilities include (but aren't limited to):
- Provides Business Analyst support to ensure Requirements are documented thoroughly.
- Recommends technology solutions to meet business requirements
- Defines scope of change and impact to other interfaces
- Determines programming approach, tools, methods, programming languages and techniques that best meet the business requirement
- Presents design components to the Design Review Board (DRB) and implement any suggested programming changes, techniques or design methods
- Utilizes Software Development Lifecycle process to complete program changes
- Ensures unit/string tests are run and applicable updates made. Demonstrated knowledge of debugging program issues and identifying program contentions.
- Ensures test plan is executed by Quality Analyst and testing includes performance, functional and quality scenarios.
- Tracks and ensures resolution of defects.
- Prepares and packages code modules to ensure proper staging to appropriate environments, and ensures communication to QC, Developers, Managers, and Change Control.
- Ensures Production Support Turnover process is completed for all Development changes prior to production moves
- Monitors the system to ensure changes move to Production environment without negative impacts to system.
- Provides technical support when needed for the Business Contacts, Production support, or Application team.
- Participates in technical on-call services as part of a Rota
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment. EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.
- Minimum of 2 years SQL experience; and
- Minimum of 2 years programming experience; and
- Minimum of 1 year of Linux or Unix experience; and
- Minimum of 1 year of Incident, Problem and Change Management; and
- Awareness of XPA(Magic) or willingness to learn; and
- Experience defining detailed technical requirements for application (including database changes, screen design, recovery, compliance, disaster recovery, system upgrades, etc.); and
- Experience presenting to technical and managerial review boards; and
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience using XPA(Magic)
- Production Support experience
- Annuity Insurance knowledge
For more information and to apply, CLICK APPLY FOR THIS JOB.
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.