Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever-changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
Are you enthusiastic about quality and want to make an impact in both technology and the business? Are you skilled in test automation? The Test Engineer Consultant, provides Test execution on software development projects, focusing on the creation/ execution of functional and automated test scripts for low to medium complex projects including database validation and web services testing. They are responsible for developing the test plans for the team and are the quality champion responsible for identifying acceptance criteria and defining the test conditions when stories or requirements are created.
Responsibilities include (but aren't limited to):
- Create and maintain automation test cases within a defined framework to ensure quality and support Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Decompose stories to be able to write effective acceptance criteria and automated test scripts for low to medium complexity projects
- Provide input into test strategy and develop test strategy for low/medium complexity projects
- Quality advocate within their team
- Provide input into environment needs for low/medium complexity projects
- Understand issues related to the test infrastructure and escalate within team
- Participate in an environment where Test/Behavior-Driven Development is fostered
- Document, analyze and communicate bugs/issues accurately and clearly
- Interact with Development and Testing Teams
- Participate in Scrum Daily Stand-up, Sprint and iterative development activities – prepared to take on any role within an Agile team
- Participate in Sprint planning, release planning, backlog refinement, retrospectives
- Ability to work in a very fast paced development organization
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment. EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.
- Minimum 2 years testing experience
- Experience constructing test cases and executing them across functional, regression and system testing
- Experience with at least one of the following areas: Java, C#, Python, .NET, Selenium, UFT, SQL
- Experience using test management tools (e.g. HPQC, Jira – Zephyr)
- Understanding of agile software development and CI/CD pipelines in relation to testing
- Strong understanding of Source Code Management Tools (e.g. Git, TFS, RTC)
- Knowledge and understanding of Web Services in relation to software testing
- Experience utilizing automation tools (e.g. Eclipse, IntelliJ, Maven, TestNG)
- Experience working in an agile scrum team
- Experience executing test cases in at least one of the following areas: performance, stress load testing
- Understanding of Web Service Testing Tools (e.g. CA LISA, SoapUI, other WS tools)
- Understanding of performance testing tools (e.g. LoadRunner, ALM performance center, JMeter)
- Knowledge or experience of Relational Database Management (e.g. Oracle, SQL, MySQL)
- Industry knowledge & experience in Insurance and Telematics experience is a plus
For more information and to apply, CLICK APPLY.
Closing Date: Tuesday 21st May 2019
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.