Test Engineer- Northern Ireland
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever-changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
At Allstate we are transforming our business model from project to product focus, proprietary systems to open platforms and from complex to fast, agile and low unit cost. We have exciting, technically challenging opportunities to help deliver results and maintain Allstate’s standing as the largest publicly held personal lines property and casualty insurer in America. We’ll help you to make an impact and expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible, while having fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
We are looking for individuals with a strong desire to build better products, delight customers and learn and develop with us. The Test Engineer role is at the core of Allstate’s transformation; it will help us deliver innovative engineering solutions through automated testing, continuous integration and deployment, automated test data and virtualization, frameworks in support of standard tools and automated release management and governance via dynamic cloud-based infrastructure.
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a software development environment in a Test Engineer service testing role - ideally using Java and SOAP UI (with some knowledge of DevTest); and
- Extensive experience creating automation scripts to test web services and deliver a quality product; and
- Have a testing background, with experience of creating test strategies, test plans and requirements traceability documentation; and
- Experience engaging with business partners, technology stakeholders, technology vendors in ideation and solution creation; and
- Experience creating clear and concise communications, relaying technical information to technical and non-technical audiences; and
- Experience troubleshooting and diagnosing application and environmental issues; and
- Experience with GitHub, Jenkins and Octopus Deploy.
- Experience setting up CI/CD solutions.
- Selenium experience.
- Experience working within an agile scrum group.
- Experience supporting medium to high complexity applications within a large enterprise.
For further information CLICK THE APPLY BUTTON
Closing Date: Friday 7th December 2018
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.