Technical Leader - Java Spring - First hires
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever-changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
Quantum PMP (Product Management Platform) aka; The next generation Insurance Engine for all of Allstate is now ready to take shape and an opportunity has become available within Allstate Northern Ireland to build this contemporary\leading edge platform and be part of transforming Allstate’s technology and business model. These key hires will have the opportunity to influence the future platform architecture, technology selection & long-term roadmap.
The QPM (Quantum Product Management) Group is a newly formed organisation as part of Quantum. These key hires will have direct access to Global Leadership, bringing their knowledge & experience to the decision-making process.
This team will be responsible for creating modular components that will facilitate the creation of new Policy Platforms across Allstate. Using the latest technologies on the foundational core of JAVA, Spring plus Cloud, this team will be exposed to the forefront of technology challenges and Design Thinking.
Responsibilities include (but aren't limited to):
- Leader in Design Thinking
- Design Models
- CICD / DevOps Principles
- Container Management – eg; Docker & Kubernetes
- Create and implement technical solutions
- Cross site Team Experience
- Prepare and execute all phases of the SDLC (Agile Scrum) to agreed standards and specifications.
- Operate in an Agile framework integrating all the components of this Customer Focused journey to ensure the Allstate Customer experience across all touchpoints is best in class.
- Drive improvement and innovation across the entire technology team
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Delivered several large-scale projects as a Technical Leader
- Demonstrable hands on experience of; JAVA, Spring, Cloud (PCF preferable), React, Flux, JSON, Mongo dB
- Examples of where innovative thinking and new technologies have been introduced
- Experience of prototyping and working in a continuous improvement environment
- Ability to solve problems in a timely, structured manner with strong analytical approach.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Desire to work in dynamic and challenging environments
- Willingness to further develop technical skills
- Ability to work well with people at all levels, empowering collaboration globally
- Self-motivated and can work well under pressure
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment. EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.
- Candidates must have 5yrs general Development experience
- Development experience (of at least 3 yrs) in line with the latest version of the following technologies; JAVA, Spring, Cloud (PCF preferable), React, Flux, JSON, Mongo dB
- Development experience of Container Management – eg; Docker & Kubernetes
- Object Oriented Programming and Design, UML experience with Java design patterns
- SOAP/HTTP/Web Services
- DB Technologies; Structured and Unstructured
- Experience in working in an Agile environment
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Business Driven Development (BDD)
- Knowledge of systems that support Continuous Integration (CI systems) - GitHub, Maven, Jenkins etc
- Acceptance testing tools for UI scripting (E.g. Robot Framework, Selenium Scripts etc.)
- PEN Testing
- Static Code Analysis Tools
For more information and to apply, CLICK APPLY FOR THIS JOB.
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as women are currently under-represented in our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from women. All appointments will be made on merit.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.