Tech Support Specialist – Tech Cafe
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever-changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
Allstate Northern Ireland operates a walk-up instant service Tech Café at their Belfast office that is available to all onsite employees. The Café follows a Genius Bar concept, offering a walk-in service providing technical support for both hardware and software queries.
The Café offers a convenient technical support service in an informal setting. If you have an interest in solving technical issues coupled with a customer-centric approach, this opportunity is a perfect job fit for you.
Responsibilities include (but aren't limited to):
- Optimize employee satisfaction by providing a walk-up service experience that employees find welcoming and appealing.
- Deliver walk-up services that employees are eager to use.
- Support includes personalized configuration, troubleshooting, problem resolution and proactive technical advice.
- Support of Mobility devices such as mobile phones, iPhone, iPad and wireless connectivity support.
- Application and hardware support for all Managed Desktops (MAC/Windows), virtual desktop solutions, printers, network connectivity, etc.
- Personalized incident management for ticket creation, engineering engagement, escalation and direction, single point of contact for communication status.
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment. EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.
- 1+ year experience in a technical support role i.e. technical service desk or field support and
- Knowledge of IT Infrastructure to include;
- PC – Windows/Apple OS/Hardware
- Phone – Android/iOS/Windows
- Conferencing – Video/Audio
- 3rd Level Qualification in an IT related subject (HND/HNC/Degree)
For more information and to apply, CLICK APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Closing Date: Friday 21st June 2019
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as women are currently under-represented in our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from women. All appointments will be made on merit.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.