Software Development Technical Lead – Northern Ireland
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
This role is within the IS (Infrastructure Services)- Workplace Technology Solutions Usability space.
The Voice Usability team’s function involves driving Enterprise Voice application design for simplifying voice applications, leverage voice virtualization, drive IDE/next best action/Omni channel integration and the design, development and integration of APIs cross multiple voice platforms and applications.
The technology in this area is continually evolving and a senior technical leader is required to define and implement the technology roadmap. You will have a passion for Dev Ops and be a technology strategist with an enterprise\industry perspective.
Candidates must be self-motivated, curious and collaborative IT professionals. Ideally you will have a strong background in Agile software development and IT automation.
Responsibilities include (but aren't limited to):
- Plays a key role in driving out the Application Development framework strategy.
- Serves as an expert on multiple technology stacks and shares that knowledge across our organization.
- Accountable for creation and support of development technology frameworks for entire development space inclusive of legacy technologies such as vXML and newer API development frameworks in relation to our business and technology strategy living into the Quantum vision.
- Accountable for establishing best practices for scrum development space in line with industry standards.
- Collaborates with Voice Strategy peer group, IS Leadership, Security, Infrastructure, Flight, Mobile, D3 and any other areas where applicable to share practices and ensure interoperability with our services and microservices.
- Is a champion of the Agile framework.
- Serves as the Anchor of the team and practices technical leadership; helping guide the team in choosing the right technologies, solving technical problems, and resolving any technical conflicts within the team. As part of this Anchor role he/she is on point to ensure there is consistency of technical development knowledge and technical framework practices across whole scrum landscape, travelling across individual scrums and Sprint lifecycles. This method will ensure cross-training, mentoring, coaching, knowledge transfer and breakdown of bottlenecks enabling continuous support to the scrum development space.
- Leads and participates in knowledge sharing, and contributes to the overall growth of the collective knowledge of the Voice Technical Community.
- Leads collaboration and strategy alignment across voice products in partnership with product owners, other peers and key stakeholders with the customer needs and wants in mind
- Establishes continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment pipelines and practices and continuously improves these.
- 6+ years of software development and technical leadership experience
- Ability to develop strong relationships and influence senior technical and management grades across the Enterprise.
- Proven track record in technical leadership and architectural design.
- Extensive working knowledge in the broad field of Devops with a focus on CICD tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, GitHub etc.
- Working knowledge of building Cloud Apps
- Understanding of cloud architectures and operations, security, automation and orchestration.
- Excellent understanding of software development best practices such as SDLC, Agile, Scrum, Kanban.
- Can exhibit Thought Leadership with a demonstrative ability to introduce and drive meaningful technical change.
- Passion for working with new technology and an aptitude for learning.
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment
- Experience in infrastructure services area
- Experience in working in a Voice team
- Experience in Avaya products such as Experience Portal
For further information CLICK THE APPLY BUTTON
Closing Date: Friday 31st August 2018
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.